script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

MH MEB case for Major Depression/PTSD over 'Politics' ?

maj_lifechanges

Registered Member
Greetings,

10 year USAF O-3 here stationed overseas in Europe. Had suicidal ideation event and started seeing psychiatrist referred by national GP doc. I'm using iSOS (I'm a bit of a drive from the nearest MTF).

Psych diagnosed me w/ Major Depressive Disorder and started me on sertraline/Zoloft and recommended I take some convalescent leave. I had contacted the MH at the MTF closest to me and there was a bit of miscommunication regarding taking convalescent leave. I had a relapse of suicidal ideation a few weeks back that I attributed to the medication and felt it urgent to take the break/spend the time to focus on my appointments and wellness.

When I had submitted my convalescent leave, it got flagged by to MH at that MTF and there was what I felt was a kneejerk reaction to admit me into an in-patient clinic without any coordination/communication with the psychiatrist I was seeing. My leadership supported me continuing treatment with my doctor however and I'm continuing my out-patient appointments.

Kind of concerned I'm going to be laughed at... after writing this it seems trivial. But it almost killed me.

Provis

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Greetings,

10 year USAF O-3 here stationed overseas in Europe. Had suicidal ideation event and started seeing psychiatrist referred by national GP doc. I'm using iSOS (I'm a bit of a drive from the nearest MTF).

Psych diagnosed me w/ Major Depressive Disorder and started me on sertraline/Zoloft and recommended I take some convalescent leave. I had contacted the MH at the MTF closest to me and there was a bit of miscommunication regarding taking convalescent leave. I had a relapse of suicidal ideation a few weeks back that I attributed to the medication and felt it urgent to take the break/spend the time to focus on my appointments and wellness.

When I had submitted my convalescent leave, it got flagged by to MH at that MTF and there was what I felt was a kneejerk reaction to admit me into an in-patient clinic without any coordination/communication with the psychiatrist I was seeing. My leadership supported me continuing treatment with my doctor however and I'm continuing my out-patient appointments.

Kind of concerned I'm going to be laughed at... after writing this it seems trivial. But it almost killed me.
No worries! Sometimes its good to just let it out:) Feel free to post here and if you have any questions we will try to answer them or point you in the right direction!

Xavirgsi1231

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Greetings,

Glad you are getting the help you need! I was admired in-patient the first time and it didn’t trigger a Med board. You will be fine but, it is great you are getting help! All the stuff catches up. Thank you for taking the courage as a leader to know you have an issue, that shows true leadership! Thank you for posting.