Migraines? Lesions....

Skywalker

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Need comments from those who know best... you! Feb 2008, 1 year ago. I had been serving under a tremendous amount of stress and anxiety and truely thought I would have a stoke and wanted to hurt some people.. it was that bad and basically a unprofessional working environment for many years. From my left eye brow up and over the left side of my head and partially down my neck and even below my left ear was numb/burning/tingling/throbing but deep feeling. After hours at the ER they said a HEMI Migrane. Never had one in my life just to note. In mid to late Apr 08 my doctors found I had rare leasions on several areas of my head and refered to them as multiple rare demyelinating disease. The initial onset of the 1st HEMI Migraine was gone by the following day but had come back just a short time afterward and the anxiety from work never stoped and the issue from the numb/burning/tingling/throbing is there 24/7 365 now. I have had 5 migrane meds and they only work when this core probelm elivates to what is most likey a full blown migrane. However, daily from a scale of 0 - 10 I stay around 2.5 - 3.0 and only if I stay completely relaxed. I have noted that anger/frustraton/tension/laughter/cold or tense/ and just general conversation will set this off in just a mater if a few minutes to a much higher level. I had hurt a knee back in Oct and had Vicotin and noticed immediately that that would take away the pain in my head for hours. I have had six ER visits for morphene and diloted which of course works. My question and point... I have spent a year worried about lesions on my brain and maybe having a stroke some day and after reading all the info on this site I think I understand that I have some sort of migrane that are with me constantly. Please let me know what you think! Much appreciated and thanks to all you good men and women of our nation for serving.

cerenity01

PEB Forum Regular Member
Hey about your migraines I also have HEMI and currently on PEB for them. Have you been rated for them.

gipain

Registered Member
I suggest you see a neurologist. I have had migraines after a head injury in the Marines. I receive 30%. My MRI shows multiple lesions. The explanations I have been given varies. I have been told that the lesions can results from severe migraine activity. I also have been told that the lesions can be a sign of something other than a migraine such as MS or a genetic disease. Usually a CT scan is done so they can explore better. I would not worry about a stroke. It is not very common to see the lesions but I understand that it happens with people who have very bad migraines. Usually the doctor will have another MRI done a few years latter to see if there are changes. The doctors seem to worry if you are showing other neurological symptoms such as hallucinations or lost of control your limbs. I hope this is helpful.

Skywalker

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
It is hepful info! I have seen a neurologist and they just say it's nothing but white spots and it's not MS. I was glad to hear it's not MS but still wanted to know what it is. I did meet the MEB board last year in Jul and at that time the migrains was not submitted but rather my sleep anpea was primary with GERD/Anxity secondary. I was medically retired after 20 years 10 months and 5 days of service effective DOS was 3 Nov 2008. I'm now dealing with the VA and have not been rated on migranes yet and although I seem to now understand that these are truely migranes but need to identify the core cause to treat the core problem and not just try this med and try that med kind of trial and error deal.

I suggest you see a neurologist. I have had migraines after a head injury in the Marines. I receive 30%. My MRI shows multiple lesions. The explanations I have been given varies. I have been told that the lesions can results from severe migraine activity. I also have been told that the lesions can be a sign of something other than a migraine such as MS or a genetic disease. Usually a CT scan is done so they can explore better. I would not worry about a stroke. It is not very common to see the lesions but I understand that it happens with people who have very bad migraines. Usually the doctor will have another MRI done a few years latter to see if there are changes. The doctors seem to worry if you are showing other neurological symptoms such as hallucinations or lost of control your limbs. I hope this is helpful.

Skywalker

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I met board in Jul 08 and at that time since they just started in Feb 08, it was not submitted and I was boarded for sleep apnea and GERD/Anxiety.

Hey about your migraines I also have HEMI and currently on PEB for them. Have you been rated for them.

xeno

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
If normal migraine meds don't help and a muscle relaxers do (vicodin) it sounds more like neck or nerve problem in the neck or near area. Maybe expand your search and go see a chiropractor...

BTW I'm not a doctor but I did stay at a holiday inn express... :D

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">