Migraines

nurse643

Registered Member
Hello,*I am soon to be commisioned. I have migraines in which do not keep me from working. They are well under control. I take preventative meds for and have meds for when they occur. Would this exclude me from coming on with the comm corps?

Ed Mercanti

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Army Regulation 40-501, paragraph 2-26 e.
History of recurrent headaches (784.0), including, but not limited to, migraines (346) and tension headaches that interfere with normal function in the past 3 years, or of such severity to require prescription medications, do not meet the standard.

grizz13

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
As Ed has stated the regulation to you, you have stated it does not hinder your duties. So in effect it should not exclude you. Take note that in the future if they do become a hinderance to your duties and become uncontrollable, they could MEB you.

maparker

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
or of such severity to require prescription medications, do not meet the standard.

Sounds to me like they do not meet the standard due to the use of prescription medications. However, a waiver may be possible.

Mike

dc79

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have been on migraine meds for a hot minute. they havent done anything to me. they havent even attempted an MEB.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">