Missing claims

Rjohnson87

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am currently still being processed through the IDES process. After reviewing my C&Ps and reviewing my ebenefits and reviewing my VA percentages I believe one of my claimed contentions is just plain missing. I was rated for left and right mandibular branch neuropathy(nerve damage), but I do not see any ratings for my TMJ. I had bad range of motion on my C&P exam that would equate to 20-40%. I talked with my VA liaison and my PEBLO about the situation. My PEBLO has been trying to help the best he can, but can only do so much. The VA service coordinator is stating that my only option is to file a request for reconsideration. I am curious why I would submit a request for reconsideration when there is no percentage for my claimed TMJ condition. Who would be best to talk to about this?

Guardguy11

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My PEBLO was able to go into some VA system and pull out my DBQs that were missing from my file being sent up to the IPEB, but it appears you are saying that something went wrong at the VA C&P exam itself and didn't make it into the file.

First, I would ask for a copy of each DBQ and review them in-depth to see if there are any notes provided on them that reference your TMJ and bad range of motion. If they are not listed on the DBQs, that would explain why you don't see the percentages. If the DBQs are indeed incorrect, you could call the VA hospital that you did the exams at and ask to speak with the doctor that performed the exams or at a minimum, send him an e-mail.

No matter the cause of the missing ratings, the MSC is correct in that your only course of action now is to request a VAR and use that as your reasoning.

I do have a questions about your process. Are you going through the IDES process or LDES? It is weird to me that you received your C&P exams on 9 July and your VA percentages only 9 days later.... typically you don't get your percentages until after the IPEB declares you unfit for duty which can take weeks, if not months, after your C&P exams.

Rjohnson87

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My PEBLO was able to go into some VA system and pull out my DBQs that were missing from my file being sent up to the IPEB, but it appears you are saying that something went wrong at the VA C&P exam itself and didn't make it into the file.

First, I would ask for a copy of each DBQ and review them in-depth to see if there are any notes provided on them that reference your TMJ and bad range of motion. If they are not listed on the DBQs, that would explain why you don't see the percentages. If the DBQs are indeed incorrect, you could call the VA hospital that you did the exams at and ask to speak with the doctor that performed the exams or at a minimum, send him an e-mail.

No matter the cause of the missing ratings, the MSC is correct in that your only course of action now is to request a VAR and use that as your reasoning.

I do have a questions about your process. Are you going through the IDES process or LDES? It is weird to me that you received your C&P exams on 9 July and your VA percentages only 9 days later.... typically you don't get your percentages until after the IPEB declares you unfit for duty which can take weeks, if not months, after your C&P exams.
I have all my C&Ps to include my dental, which has my ROM. My Decision worksheet which contains my percentages and why I received them has percentages for my jaw nerve damage, which was on my general C&P. But there is nothing in there about my ROM for my jaw showing that either they did not account for my dental C&P or just didn't receive/review it. On ebenefits there are 2 separate claims, one for nerve damage of the jaw, and one for TMJ of the jaw. These don't have showing percentages on ebenefits as I'm still in the IDES process and haven't accepted my findings. Currently doing a VAR for my MEB disability. So I figured it would be easier to see where the disconnect is now, since I'm in the IDES process instead of having to wait til I get out to complete another reconsideration for something they completely forgot to look at.

Guardguy11

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am staring at your timeline in your signature block and trying to figure out why mine timeline and path is different. I was told by my PEBLO that the VA won't do the percentages until the IPEB officially finds you unfit for duty.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">