mmrb questions

mxsx88

PEB Forum Regular Member
i have been searching through the threads here and have found a lot of good information, but i still have a few questions. i have recently been told that i will be going to the mmrb at the end of this month because of hearing. i have been trying to find out some information so that i can be better prepared when the time comes. i am trying to find out what mos reclass options are available to me if it is decided that i must reclass. i am an 11c ssg with 8 yrs tis. i went by the retention nco's office today to get a general idea about what is out there for me. he gave me four mos's, but said that i wont know anything until after the board has made a recommendation. i am just trying to find out if i will have any say in the matter or if it is all up to the board members. all my line scores on the asvab are high enough to qualify for any job in the army. will this be considered? i just don't want to be stuck being a cook or supply (nothing against them, just not for me). i have read ar 600-60 but it is pretty vague. any info about this matter or where i can research it would be a big help.

mxsx88,

Sorry I missed this post. At the MMRB, you will have an opportunity to present your views as well as any evidence that supports your position. The MMRB will give one of four recommendations: Probationary trial of duty, return to duty, reclass of your MOS, or referral to an MEB.

I hope everything goes well for you.

Thanks for the response. I actually went to the board today. The board recommended that I reclass. It was actually much less painful than I thought it would be. If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to try to answer them based on my experience.

I must have missed the mmrb part...my NARSUM is being drafted as we speak, even though I haven't had surgery to correct numerous documented conditions, etc. Was I supposed to be given a "Trial of Duty"? Was I supposed to been given a chance to RECLAS?

I want to stay on Active Duty (I am a Reservist with 16 AD years/last 10 AD years consectutive/25 good years for Reserve Retirement/28 total years for pay).

Seems I am being shoved out the door without getting the medical help I need and am entitled to before the MEB/PEB proceedings start. Is there a point where I can state my concerns and have a fair hearing?

halfmoon,

MMRB's are for Soldiers who are not qualified to perform their PMOS duties in a world wide deployed or field environment. If you have a condition that fails retention standards, you do not go to the MMRB, you go to the MEB.

You can rebut your MEB, and if an Informal PEB makes findings you disagree with, you can demand a formal hearing (Formal PEB) where you can present evidence and argument about your conditions and the impact on your duty performance.

Jason;

Thanks for your support and guidance...if you could elaborate further

MMRB's are for Soldiers who are not qualified to perform their PMOS duties in a world wide deployed or field environment. If you have a condition that fails retention standards, you do not go to the MMRB, you go to the MEB.

In fact they haven't established any definitive diagnoses to support any conclusions or to even to start any permanent profiles!

As I mentioned in my original post - I have been essentially ignored until now that they want to start the PDES process.

You can rebut your MEB, and if an Informal PEB makes findings you disagree with, you can demand a formal hearing (Formal PEB) where you can present evidence and argument about your conditions and the impact on your duty performance.

This seems to be a waste of time and resources - wouldn't the Army be better served if I was properly diagnosed and treated and then possibly returned to duty with my 4 critical MOS skills and Top Secret Clearance?