More technical news!

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey, folks! Just a quick update on the forum. Hopefully, it looks a bit better and is working better for the members and those who are visiting.

As I wrote in an early post, I had gone through the process a few weeks back of trying to update the PEB FORUM with, well, less than impressive results. With some help from the developers, I was able to get an interim solution up over the past few weeks. I was not pleased at all with the appearance of the site, but, worse for me, it would not load reliably.

The problems had to do with the hosting plan I was on and the advice from the developers was to work with the hosts. Thus began an epic journey of many calls over many days, with varying degrees of help and sympathy. The bottom line, though, was that from where they were, they could not reproduce the problems I was having and they suspected it was something with (at various times, the software, my local machine, my ISP, or it was not really a problem). Lots of troubleshooting and really no resolution. The last consensus was that it was something with the server settings (maybe PHP or its extensions, maybe APACHE, maybe the flux capacitor was broke). However, they would not and could not resolve the problems and the final thought was that the problems may "fix themselves" over time. After that not working and spending too much time with the hosts, I was able to find a new host who has migrated the forums and gotten things back up and running performance wise. I still need to do some work on the appearance and tweaking the site settings, but I am pleased that we are back up with a new host and ready to make more improvements.

If you see any glaring issues or bugs, please let me know.

I hope the people like the interim improvements and look forward to bring more improvements to the community!

Primary Alternate

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thanks for the update. I know one issue I continue to have on my iPhone is I'm unable to go to the next page of any posts that have more than one page. This is a huge project to implement so thank you for taking time to fix the bugs.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thanks for the update. I know one issue I continue to have on my iPhone is I'm unable to go to the next page of any posts that have more than one page. This is a huge project to implement so thank you for taking time to fix the bugs.
The new hosting account just opened and the site DNS was pointed to the new account late this morning, so, it is possible that you may be still getting errors or problems while the site propagates. And, it could be that your iPhone has some cached content, so, maybe try closing Safari and reopening and checking again. Please let me know if the problem persists. I just checked my ability to go to next page on threads with multiple pages of posts and was able to do so on my iPhone.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">