Moving backwards on ebenefits?

maderaid

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
So I was sitting at "Preparation for decision" for about the last 5 weeks. Yesterday it moved backwards to "Review of evidence." Has anyone experienced this, and if so what does this mean? What sort of effect does this have on the overall outcome? Thanks.

matt.edward.jones

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Same here. PFD was just a placeholder when the claim wasn't even being looked at. Once they picked my claim off the pile and started looking, it switched to gathering evidence and then reviewing shortly after. Within a few weeks it was closed. My newest claim started at PFD too and I'm 100% sure that isn't true because I claimed something that VA has absolutely no evidence for yet.

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
It means the Rater (RSVR) has kicked it back to the VSR for corrections. The VSR preps your claim so that it is fully ready to be rated by the RSVR if there are mistakes or missing information the rater kicks it back to be fixed.

maderaid

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Same here. PFD was just a placeholder when the claim wasn't even being looked at. Once they picked my claim off the pile and started looking, it switched to gathering evidence and then reviewing shortly after. Within a few weeks it was closed. My newest claim started at PFD too and I'm 100% sure that isn't true because I claimed something that VA has absolutely no evidence for yet.
Thanks for the quick reply! Can you possibly give me a break down of what happened after it changed to reviewing evidence? I only ask because my estimated completion date moved to the right by over two months.

matt.edward.jones

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It was mostly a lot of nothing for the next month. They didn't ask for anything (my direct deposit, dependants and other info are already in their system). I think I was at gathering evidence for about a week. Then reviewing evidence for close to a month. Then straight to closed (I check at least once a day, so if it did go to the other phases, it was brief). It's been closed for a week now and PEBLO is going to contact me when rates are received. Assuming I don't need to appeal that should just about be the end of the road since I don't have leave.

maderaid

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
And now my claim has gone back further to "Gathering of Evidence." Anyone experienced this?

PEBMember2017

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I posted this the other day:

"This may have been covered previously, but it should be re-iterated that anytime anyone has a claim or appeal in to the VA, the "Current Status" under Ebenefits and Vets.gov is almost always 100% inaccurate. This is an automated system that is neither looked at nor updated by any specific human input, and should never be taken literally.

Veteran's should recognize that the "Current Status" block can and will jump forward several steps and back again with shifting timelines of when the case or appeal will be "Completed." This is entirely normal (well, no it's not), but hey, it's the VA. The changes in eBenefits claims statuses are in no way truly symbolic of what is actually happening in your case.

One should always contact the VA directly at the 1-800 number for specific updates on both their claims and appeals, and they will tell you if any additional evidence is needed for your case, etc."

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">