MST Med Board

MSTDuckscrubber

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
So, its been a mess since my med board started. It officially started May 5, 2020 (was supposed to start in december), the packet was sent up June 25th. I haven't received anymore info but I'm hoping my timeline gets me out sooner. My 3 diagnosises that are for my board are as follows:

1. Lumbar Degenerative disc disease with radiopathy ICD CODE-M51.16
2. Migraines ICD CODE- M51.16
3. Fibromyagia ICD CODE - M79.7

I feel your pain. I was told I would be going through the MEB process in December. They started really pushing things in May. I started calling and talking to my PEUBLO almost daily, and eventually got set up with an MSC. I have not heard from my MSC since the day he put my paperwork into the VA. I did talk to the PUEBLO and get the number of the people who were supposed to do my C&P exams, and I called them directly. They told me they had no appointments at all due to COVID. I called every day until they booked my appointments in June. The appointments were set for a week from when I finally scheduled them. They overnighted me several documents and saw me for Mental health, audiology, and physical. They sent me to get 15 xrays. After this they told me that I needed a Pulminary Function Test, and luckily I had one in my medical records from a year ago, as no one is currently doing them for the VA. QTC turned all of my documents in early July, and now I am waiting on my doctor to determine what to do next. It is a crazy process, but I have found just calling and asking each day is the best way to get answers. It reminds people you are alive. Just remember to be nice. You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

Update time: I should hear results of my board within this month. I got an email August 19 about them receiving it and then September 15 she said I should be ready to be counseled within 2 months. My conditions are getting worse so I'm just ready to be set free lol

The waiting is usually the hard part of this process. COVID-19 has not helped.

Hang in there, it took just under 4 months for them to adjudicate me. Now Im looking at 3-6 months before I get orders to separate. If you dont have CG legal counsel yet reach out to Michael Yedinakh [email protected]... Hes is squared away and been very helpful.

Here is my timeline. I completed my last c&p exam September 25th and still waiting on a decision from the VA:

MEB official start date 2-22-19

MEB emailed to DC 4-2-19

MEB received by DC 5-13-19

MEB adjudicated (findings) 7-11-19

MEB findings phone call 7-15-19

MEB findings accepted 7-16-19

MEB 120 day orders 12-12-19

Retirement date 4-11-2020

c&p exams all done in September 2020 awaiting decision from VA

What are you hearing on orders? I’m hearing extra 90 days in legal reviews are happening...
Personally, I am hearing 3.5 months on average (from my Jag) for the whole process (after accepting findings). Can I ask where your information is coming from and what the total wait time you are hearing comes out to?

Thank y'all for the feedback, sounds like our advice is pretty consistent. I should be joining the wait for orders any day now (hope before turkey day). Been just over two months since I got the I accepted email (09/23/20) and about a month ago since I got an email saying just waiting for final signature board has made decision (10/26/20).

Update! I got my orders and I am officially gone by June 16th. Anyone knows how the pay works after? I'm estimating I can get 100% with the VA and I already got 90% with the coast guard.

Update! I got my orders and I am officially gone by June 16th. Anyone knows how the pay works after? I'm estimating I can get 100% with the VA and I already got 90% with the coast guard.
Hello,

I was told by a few people that the back will be backdated from the start of the first full month out (retired) from the VA. So if you get 75% (top pay) for the USCG you will get that the month or two while the VA figures out your ratings. After which you will get the VA pay with the difference calculated from that (good luck with that formula). Are you filing the claim as BDD or traditional?