multiple stress fractures in basic training

radbama

Registered Member
so my daughter is at Fort Leonard Wood since June. after xrays and a bone scan she has stress fractures in both ankles and feet and 1 knee, sent home for con leave. She has been back for 1 month getting physical therapy and now she just got another bone scan because they think she is getting worse. DS keeps telling her "oh bone scan, that's a ticket home". So she had her second bone scan on last Wednesday and I have yet to hear any news. Can someone give me any idea of whats going on or what we can expect?

My son has been at Fort Leonard Wood since Oct. Is being sent home on "con leave" for multiple stress fractures. I read about these injuries frequently. Why so many? And are our kids/loved ones being taken care of? They are making a big sacrifice. They need to be treated as such.

so my daughter is at Fort Leonard Wood since June. after xrays and a bone scan she has stress fractures in both ankles and feet and 1 knee, sent home for con leave. She has been back for 1 month getting physical therapy and now she just got another bone scan because they think she is getting worse. DS keeps telling her "oh bone scan, that's a ticket home". So she had her second bone scan on last Wednesday and I have yet to hear any news. Can someone give me any idea of whats going on or what we can expect?

Have you reached out to his recruiting office?

Might get y o u some where!

My wife had stress fractures in both knees at Air Force basic training ten years ago, she's still in the service. Its not about the military abusing people that causes the fractures, it's simply bone density. My wife grew up extremely poor and often would eat once a day... rice and salt. Little to no calcium in her diet, so with the daily running in basic training it was no surprise. Most kids now aren't used to running, they arrive at basic never having done anything more for conditioning than gym class.

Try and find an ombudsman for the base or base commander contact information. Then inquire politely. Getting angry can often hurt rather than help. My wife was able to finish her basic training after she used the open door policy. I was active duty and getting ready to deploy to Iraq and she needed to get out of the med hold, finish so she could make it back home before I deployed so she could be with our kids. Pretty simple explanation and it worked. Good luck.