script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

My Air Force IDES Timeline...

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I just thought I'd post my timeline to give people an idea of the process. Of course, everyone will have a different timeline based on numerous factors.

My Timeline (so far):

6 APR 2021: Notified by therapist that Code 37 turned on by AMRO.
7 APR 2021: Therapist started NARSUM.
13 APR 2021: AF Form 469 updated in ASIMS with Code 37 MEB.
23 APR 2021: NARSUM complete.
28 APR 2021: PEBLO received NARSUM. AF Form 1185 CC's Impact Statement sent to CC.
5 May 2021: CC's Impact Statement complete (Do not retain) and sent to PEBLO.
6 May 2021: Local MTF determined full MEB is required.
7 May 2021: PEBLO sent IRILO package to AFPC for full MEB determination.
17 May 2021: Called PEBLO and was informed AFPC directed full MEB. FL4 from AFPC dated 12 May 2021.
20 May 2021: Received call from MSC and scheduled meeting to complete disability claim.
21 May 2021: Completed VA disability claim with MSC. Awaiting C & P exams.
25 May 2021: QTC Medical Services called and scheduled C & P exams. First exam 30 May 2021. Last exam 2 Jul 2021.
MEB: TBD
IPEB: TBD
Ratings: TBD
Retirement date: TBD

Last edited:

SoldierWarrior

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I just thought I'd post my timeline to give people an idea of the process. Of course, everyone will have a different timeline based on numerous factors.

My Timeline (so far):

28 APR 2021: PEBLO received NARSUM. AF Form 1185 CC's Impact Statement sent to CC.
17 May 2021: Called PEBLO and was informed AFPC directed full MEB. FL4 from AFPC dated 12 May 2021.
20 May 2021: Received call from MSC and scheduled meeting to complete disability claim.
25 May 2021: QTC Medical Services called and scheduled C & P exams. First exam 30 May 2021. Last exam 2 Jul 2021.
Mine is going out of order, my package was sent to AFPC Monday, and I got my AAC code 37 last Thursday, and I met with my Peblo Friday… lol

Mr Cobra

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member

My Timeline (so far):

My timeline has been close to the same. I finished my final C&P exams June 8th. I talked with the VA today they said they have all of the required documentation and that it was in the que to be rated. No telling how long it will take. I've heard a few weeks up to a few months, I'm AD USAF.

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My timeline has been close to the same. I finished my final C&P exams June 8th. I talked with the VA today they said they have all of the required documentation and that it was in the que to be rated. No telling how long it will take. I've heard a few weeks up to a few months, I'm AD USAF.
I'm AD USAF as well. I'm really eager to complete all of my C&P exams to move on to the next phase. Are you able to see any of your DBQs on Tricare online?

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yes I can see all of my DBQs on TOL!
Ok great! When I looked at the documents section on Tricare online, I saw 2 of my C&P exam appointment letters. I guess I'll have to wait until my final exam on 2 Jul 2021 is complete in order to see my DBQs.

Mr Cobra

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Ok great! When I looked at the documents section on Tricare online, I saw 2 of my C&P exam appointment letters. I guess I'll have to wait until my final exam on 2 Jul 2021 is complete in order to see my DBQs.
It really just depends how fast your local QTC processes your paperwork and gets them to the VA. I lucked out they got all of mine sent up and filed within 24 hours of my appointments! Good luck!

SoldierWarrior

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Yah same. I was confused by my Peblo who believed my condition wasn’t service related for whatever reason that I didn’t ask. But she said I was going to have to pick between DOD or VA disability (not both) based on the condition I was referred for. But that isn’t true because I do believe my condition is service related so is there anything I need to do to make sure I get DOD and VA dis…. because I have other stuff to claim too so I don’t know why they said that but I’m in the beginning stage I just wanted to make sure my provider or anyone didn’t sign off anything saying my condition wasn’t service related.

Mr Cobra

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Yah same. I was confused by my Peblo who believed my condition wasn’t service related for whatever reason that I didn’t ask. But she said I was going to have to pick between DOD or VA disability (not both) based on the condition I was referred for. But that isn’t true because I do believe my condition is service related so is there anything I need to do to make sure I get DOD and VA dis…. because I have other stuff to claim too so I don’t know why they said that but I’m in the beginning stage I just wanted to make sure my provider or anyone didn’t sign off anything saying my condition wasn’t service related.
As far as I understand from my Peblo you will only get DOD & VA if you have over 20 years of service or a few other special instances like purple heart if you are under 20 years. My condition was service connected it happened while I was at work but my Peblo also said if you are Active duty you are “on duty 24/7” so any injuries are considered line of duty. If you are guard or reserve then it gets tricky as far as that goes. What is your TIS?

SoldierWarrior

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I haven’t been in for more than 5 years, but I was told the VA will match what the DOD gives you. One is umeployment rating and the other is retirement or something along the lines of that. I’m gonna try to do more research but I think more people should know about this. I know someone who is getting two payments but I haven’t spoke to them in a while.

redpickledboots

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
My last exam was May 20th and first DBA was loaded yesterday. Still waiting for 5 more. Hopefully in by next week (AD AF)

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My last exam was May 20th and first DBA was loaded yesterday. Still waiting for 5 more. Hopefully in by next week (AD AF)
I've had 4 C&P exams so far. I logged on to Tricare online this morning and saw 3 of my DBQs are posted. I just had the 4th exam a few days ago, so I knew that one wouldn't be posted yet.

Mr Cobra

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member

My Timeline (so far):

Any update on your timeline?

SoldierWarrior

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Not yet. Still have my last VA exam tomorrow. My PEBLO recently told me the IPEB has been processing cases in like 1-2 weeks.
What are you thought on the IMR & did you request one? I am possibly interested in doing one but my leadership is saying it’s mainly used for soldiers that want to stay in, but the forum is saying it helps your case. Basically I don’t want to delay the process if I don’t need to, this process is really stressful.

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
What are you thought on the IMR & did you request one? I am possibly interested in doing one but my leadership is saying it’s mainly used for soldiers that want to stay in, but the forum is saying it helps your case. Basically I don’t want to delay the process if I don’t need to, this process is really stressful.
I definitely feel the same way about the process being really stressful. I chose not to request an IMR because I agreed with the NARSUM that my therapist wrote for the most part.
From my understanding people typically request an IMR if they don't agree with what their doctor wrote about their condition. I don't think an IMR will hurt your case.
Did you disagree with your NARSUM?

SoldierWarrior

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
See that’s what I was thinking, I agree with it. It didn’t bash me or make me seem like a “dirt bag” soldier like how I’ve heard some peoples NARSUM being. So I’ll just cross that off my timeline.

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
See that’s what I was thinking, I agree with it. It didn’t bash me or make me seem like a “dirt bag” soldier like how I’ve heard some peoples NARSUM being. So I’ll just cross that off my timeline.
My therapist let me review my NARSUM before it was submitted. Even though I knew the severity of my mental health issues, reading my NARSUM made me emotional. My mental health issues have affected my ability to do my job, and my NARSUM and CC's Impact Statement illustrates that. Of course if you want your career to be over, then your NARSUM and CC's Impact Statement shouldn't say positive things about you.

SoldierWarrior

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Same here, my conditions have made it hard as well. It wasn’t necessary positive but it wasn’t too harsh as well, which was surprising because my conditions made me miss a lot of work and caused me a lot of damage. I think the part that made me the most emotion was my commander saying I was a valued member. I’ve heard stories of people saying their NARSUM was filled with their provider/command throwing them under the bus saying how bad of a soldier they were. That wouldn’t help anyone’s case.