My Air Force IDES Timeline...

Same here, my conditions have made it hard as well. It wasn’t necessary positive but it wasn’t too harsh as well, which was surprising because my conditions made me miss a lot of work and caused me a lot of damage. I think the part that made me the most emotion was my commander saying I was a valued member. I’ve heard stories of people saying their NARSUM was filled with their provider/command throwing them under the bus saying how bad of a soldier they were. That wouldn’t help anyone’s case.
As far as the positive, I misspoke. I think it's fine as long as there's a transition to how and why you have declined. For example, my NARSUM mentioned several medals that I have been awarded throughout my career. Then it basically talks about how my mental health has declined in recent years to the point where its impacted my ability to do my job. As far as a service members NARSUM throwing them under the bus. I think if they are truly not a dirtbag, they will be able to prove that they're not by their overall record such as medals, awards, performance reports, fitness tests, etc. Just my opinion.

I just thought I'd post my timeline to give people an idea of the process. Of course, everyone will have a different timeline based on numerous factors.

My Timeline (so far):

6 APR 2021: Notified by therapist that Code 37 turned on by AMRO.
7 APR 2021: Therapist started NARSUM.
13 APR 2021: AF Form 469 updated in ASIMS with Code 37 MEB.
23 APR 2021: NARSUM complete.
28 APR 2021: PEBLO received NARSUM. AF Form 1185 CC's Impact Statement sent to CC.
5 May 2021: CC's Impact Statement complete (Do not retain) and sent to PEBLO.
6 May 2021: Local MTF determined full MEB is required.
7 May 2021: PEBLO sent IRILO package to AFPC for full MEB determination.
17 May 2021: Called PEBLO and was informed AFPC directed full MEB. FL4 from AFPC dated 12 May 2021.
20 May 2021: Received call from MSC and scheduled meeting to complete disability claim.
21 May 2021: Completed VA disability claim with MSC. Awaiting C & P exams.
25 May 2021: QTC Medical Services called and scheduled C & P exams. First exam 30 May 2021. Last exam 2 Jul 2021.
MEB: TBD
IPEB: TBD
Ratings: TBD
Retirement date: TBD27 May 2021: Received briefing from Veteran Readiness Counselor (VRC) regarding automatic entitlement to Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) Chapter 31 benefits due to my IDES status.
UPDATE:
27 May 2021: Received briefing from Veteran Readiness Counselor (VRC) regarding automatic entitlement to Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) Chapter 31 benefits due to my IDES status.
7 Jul 2021: All C&P exam DBQs are uploaded on Tricare Online. QTC finalized case and submitted exam findings to the VA.
13 Jul 2021: Received phone call from Recovery Care Coordinator (RCC) stating that I have been accepted into the Air Force Wounded Warrior Program (AFW2). Completed enrollment documentation and received 9W300 AFSC (Non-Combat Wounded Warrior).

PEBLO claims they are still waiting on VA rep to release my C&P exams, even though I've been able to see them on Tricare Online since 7 Jul 2021. I'm so sick of waiting and can't wait for this process to be over!

UPDATE:
27 May 2021: Received briefing from Veteran Readiness Counselor (VRC) regarding automatic entitlement to Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) Chapter 31 benefits due to my IDES status.
7 Jul 2021: All C&P exam DBQs are uploaded on Tricare Online. QTC finalized case and submitted exam findings to the VA.
13 Jul 2021: Received phone call from Recovery Care Coordinator (RCC) stating that I have been accepted into the Air Force Wounded Warrior Program (AFW2). Completed enrollment documentation and received 9W300 AFSC (Non-Combat Wounded Warrior).

PEBLO claims they are still waiting on VA rep to release my C&P exams, even though I've been able to see them on Tricare Online since 7 Jul 2021. I'm so sick of waiting and can't wait for this process to be over!
Nice I’m currently waiting on the last exam to send QTC my documents, she was out sick for a few days so I understand your frustrations. Just keep calling

UPDATE:

UPDATE:
30 Jul 2021: PEBLO finally received C&P exams! Signed AF IMT 618 Medical Board Report. PEBLO said they will now send my package to the IPEB at AFPC. Getting closer to the end! The waiting game continues...

UPDATE:
30 Jul 2021: PEBLO finally received C&P exams! Signed AF IMT 618 Medical Board Report. PEBLO said they will now send my package to the IPEB at AFPC. Getting closer to the end! The waiting game continues...
Congrats, I’ve been calling them like every other day just waiting on a few signatures for them to send me reports over. They told me by the end of next week I should be good

UPDATE:
UPDATE:
- 2 Aug 2021: PEBLO sent MEB package to IPEB for fit/unfit determination.
- 3 Aug 2021: Received myPers email mentioning IPEB received MEB package from PEBLO.
- 6 Aug 2021: Received an email from a VA rater asking for clarification on one of my claimed conditions. I presume the IPEB found me unfit if ratings are being worked on.
- 12 Aug 2021: VA.gov shows my original claim was updated on 11 Aug 2021. A second claim entry is showing up as closed on 12 Aug 2021 and says a decision letter has been mailed. However, when I called the VA 1-800 number they said I have proposed ratings but awaiting final review. Additionally was told no decision letter has been sent yet, and claim is not closed yet (smdh).
Still waiting for IPEB decision. Frustrated and can't wait until this process is over!

UPDATE:
- 2 Aug 2021: PEBLO sent MEB package to IPEB for fit/unfit determination.
- 3 Aug 2021: Received myPers email mentioning IPEB received MEB package from PEBLO.
- 6 Aug 2021: Received an email from a VA rater asking for clarification on one of my claimed conditions. I presume the IPEB found me unfit if ratings are being worked on.
- 12 Aug 2021: VA.gov shows my original claim was updated on 11 Aug 2021. A second claim entry is showing up as closed on 12 Aug 2021 and says a decision letter has been mailed. However, when I called the VA 1-800 number they said I have proposed ratings but awaiting final review. Additionally was told no decision letter has been sent yet, and claim is not closed yet (smdh).
Still waiting for IPEB decision. Frustrated and can't wait until this process is over!
UPDATE:
I know these updates may be a little annoying but just thought I'd give another update to give people an idea of Air Force timelines.
19 Aug 2021: Received email from AFPC that IPEB results were sent to PEBLO. Will meet with PEBLO tomorrow to find out results and proposed ratings. Hopefully it will be good news in terms of ratings.

UPDATE:
I know these updates may be a little annoying but just thought I'd give another update to give people an idea of Air Force timelines.
19 Aug 2021: Received email from AFPC that IPEB results were sent to PEBLO. Will meet with PEBLO tomorrow to find out results and proposed ratings. Hopefully it will be good news in terms of ratings.
Congrats!! Got my exams released yesterday

UPDATE:
UPDATE:
20 Aug 2021: Received proposed ratings: DoD 70% TDRL and VA 90%. Not happy about TDRL. I have almost 22 years of service. I will be fighting with the VA regarding 2 of my claimed conditions where they overlooked medical evidence. It should push me to 100%.

UPDATE:
20 Aug 2021: Received proposed ratings: DoD 70% TDRL and VA 90%. Not happy about TDRL. I have almost 22 years of service. I will be fighting with the VA regarding 2 of my claimed conditions where they overlooked medical evidence. It should push me to 100%.
That’s strange that they rated you 70% and then put you as TDRL. For your mental health DBQ at the bottom (you can find it on Tricare online) did they check “makes it difficult to do job”? Also I thought if you got 30% or higher DOD that you would be PDRL. Definitely fight that.

That’s strange that they rated you 70% and then put you as TDRL. For your mental health DBQ at the bottom (you can find it on Tricare online) did they check “makes it difficult to do job”? Also I thought if you got 30% or higher DOD that you would be PDRL. Definitely fight that.
On my Mental Health DBQ under Occupational and Social Impairment the C&P examiner checked off "Occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity" That pertains to 50% mental health rating. I originally thought they were going to try to give me 50% rating for mental health because of that. I had a crappy C&P mental health exam. Luckily, the VA actually paid attention to the medical evidence regarding my mental health.

I've heard on this forum that TDRL is common for mental health conditions. People that I've talked to outside of this forum have told me I was more likely to be put on PDRL, due to having over 20 years of service.

Not sure what to believe. Being on TDRL is only going to make my mental health condition worse and not get better. Air Force is just delaying the inevitable.

UPDATE:
So from what my PEBLO has told me is almost 95% of mental health cases are TDRL. I see why you’re upset though.

So from what my PEBLO has told me is almost 95% of mental health cases are TDRL. I see why you’re upset though.
I'm debating on whether the TDRL is worth appealing or not. I will be PDRL at some point because my mental health condition won't get better.
I'm not worried about my 70% rating decreasing. If anything, my mental health will get worse or stay the same whenever I get re-evaluated.

I'm debating on whether the TDRL is worth appealing or not. I will be PDRL at some point because my mental health condition won't get better.
I'm not worried about my 70% rating decreasing. If anything, my mental health will get worse or stay the same whenever I get re-evaluated.
You’re right, but if anything now is the time to do it. Don’t rush it, if you feel like you want to fight it do so. I just did some research and I’ve seen some people approved for PDRL but their rating was lower (example: from 70% TDRL to 30% PDRL) I would talk to legal and see what they think is the way to go. How many conditions were qualified as unfit. Those were the conditions rated by the PEB.

Last edited:
You’re right, but if anything now is the time to do it. Don’t rush it, if you feel like you want to fight it do so. I just did some research and I’ve seen some people approved for PDRL but their rating was lower (example: from 70% TDRL to 30% PDRL) I would talk to legal and see what they think it the way to go. How many conditions were qualified as unfit. Those were the conditions rated by the PEB.
My unfitting conditions are Major Depressive Disorder severe recurrent w/anxious distress and Chronic Insomnia.
I feel like if I had a 50% or lower mental health rating they would have put me on PDRL.

I called ODC and they said I'd have to fill out an intake form and they have 2 duty days to respond. So I may not hear back from them until Wednesday. However, I would have to notify my PEBLO about an appeal or not by Thursday. Person I spoke with at ODC seemed clueless.

My unfitting conditions are Major Depressive Disorder severe recurrent w/anxious distress and Chronic Insomnia.
I feel like if I had a 50% or lower mental health rating they would have put me on PDRL.

I called ODC and they said I'd have to fill out an intake form and they have 2 duty days to respond. So I may not hear back from them until Wednesday. However, I would have to notify my PEBLO about an appeal or not by Thursday. Person I spoke with at ODC seemed clueless.
So I just submitted one last Friday around the end of the day and I haven’t heard anything back yet so don’t bet on that timeframe.they told me about 2 days as well. I would just research, and try to find threads about it on this forum, there’s quite a few

So I just submitted one last Friday around the end of the day and I haven’t heard anything back yet so don’t bet on that timeframe.they told me about 2 days as well. I would just research, and try to find threads about it on this forum, there’s quite a few
I'm not surprised about the lack of timely response from ODC. I really haven't heard much positive about them. The individual I spoke with there had no clue about TDRL or much of anything. I asked her if she was new and she said yes. I plan on doing my own research and then I'll make a decision.

How does that affect the ratings and what not? Just curious

How does that affect the ratings and what not? Just curious
Your DOD rating can be higher because they’re more likely to consider the condition unfitting. Since the DOD rates only the conditions that make you unfit for duty your DOD rating could be higher depending on what the VA rates you for each condition.