My Air Force IDES Timeline...

Definitely not the norm. I initially was going to appeal my TDRL, but didn't want to prolong the process. I know I'll be moved to PDRL at some point. It's just a matter of when. My issues won't go away being out of the Air Force.

Definitely not the norm. I initially was going to appeal my TDRL, but didn't want to prolong the process. I know I'll be moved to PDRL at some point. It's just a matter of when. My issues won't go away being out of the Air Force.
I feel that man, I don't think I quite understood TDRL until I found out I got PDRL. But I am very grateful I won't have to deal with the DOD anymore after NOV 12th

I feel that man, I don't think I quite understood TDRL until I found out I got PDRL. But I am very grateful I won't have to deal with the DOD anymore after NOV 12th
Congrats to you. At first I was concerned about being returned to duty on TDRL, but I know that won't happen.

If you don't mind me asking, what mental health condition did you get med boarded for?

If you don’t mind me asking have you received yours DD214 yet? Or atleast reviewed it, if so what did your remarks sections say also what type of discharge did it fall under?

If you don’t mind me asking have you received yours DD214 yet? Or atleast reviewed it, if so what did your remarks sections say also what type of discharge did it fall under?
DD Form 214 isn't received until after discharge date.

I'm surprised you were placed on PDRL right away for a mental health condition such as GAD. Typically see PDRL for Bipolar disorder or schizophrenia, since they are considered permanent conditions.
I guess in AFPCs eyes my condition was stable enough to put me on PDRL. I dont know how they make that decision. From what i was told my my peblo, TDRL=unstable condition PDRL=stable condition

I guess in AFPCs eyes my condition was stable enough to put me on PDRL. I dont know how they make that decision. From what i was told my my peblo, TDRL=unstable condition PDRL=stable condition
As far as stability, I believe it depends on how extensive your mental health record is. Meaning, if someone has been going to mental health for about a year or longer with no change for the better, than their condition is considered stable.

For me, I went to my PCM numerous times over the years for insomnia and depression. However, I only consistently saw mental health for 3 months before I got med boarded. Now that I've been going to mental health for 8 + months with no change, my therapist said they feel that my condition is stable now.

I'll just have to wait until I get re-evaluated next year in order to be moved to PDRL. Regardless, I'm still going to get Air Force retirement pay and VA disability pay for the rest of my life.

As far as stability, I believe it depends on how extensive your mental health record is. Meaning, if someone has been going to mental health for about a year or longer with no change for the better, than their condition is considered stable.

For me, I went to my PCM numerous times over the years for insomnia and depression. However, I only consistently saw mental health for 3 months before I got med boarded. Now that I've been going to mental health for 8 + months with no change, my therapist said they feel that my condition is stable now.

I'll just have to wait until I get re-evaluated next year in order to be moved to PDRL. Regardless, I'm still going to get Air Force retirement pay and VA disability pay for the rest of my life.
Yea man you’re set up! I’m sure you will be moved in no time to PDRL

Yea man you’re set up! I’m sure you will be moved in no time to PDRL
Absolutely.
Not sure what your disability ratings are but you should look into applying for Social Security disability. That's what I plan on doing once I retire in Dec 2021.

I just thought I'd post my timeline to give people an idea of the process. Of course, everyone will have a different timeline based on numerous factors.

My Timeline (so far):

6 APR 2021: Notified by therapist that Code 37 turned on by AMRO.
7 APR 2021: Therapist started NARSUM.
13 APR 2021: AF Form 469 updated in ASIMS with Code 37 MEB.
23 APR 2021: NARSUM complete.
28 APR 2021: PEBLO received NARSUM. AF Form 1185 CC's Impact Statement sent to CC.
5 May 2021: CC's Impact Statement complete (Do not retain) and sent to PEBLO.
6 May 2021: Local MTF determined full MEB is required.
7 May 2021: PEBLO sent IRILO package to AFPC for full MEB determination.
17 May 2021: Called PEBLO and was informed AFPC directed full MEB. FL4 from AFPC dated 12 May 2021.
20 May 2021: Received call from MSC and scheduled meeting to complete disability claim.
21 May 2021: Completed VA disability claim with MSC. Awaiting C & P exams.
25 May 2021: QTC Medical Services called and scheduled C & P exams. First exam 30 May 2021. Last exam 2 Jul 2021.
MEB: TBD
IPEB: TBD
Ratings: TBD
Retirement date: TBD
What is FL4? I am currently finishing up my C&P exams.

What is FL4? I am currently finishing up my C&P exams.
The FL4 is a document from the Air Force Personnel Center Medical Standards office. It has instructions telling my base that I require a full MEB. Additionally, it stated my base had two months to complete the full MEB, and get the case to the IPEB.

The FL4 is a document from the Air Force Personnel Center Medical Standards office. It has instructions telling my base that I require a full MEB. Additionally, it stated my base had two months to complete the full MEB, and get the case to the IPEB.
When did you get the official notification and I’m assuming it was through email and not myFSS

When did you get the official notification and I’m assuming it was through email and not myFSS
When I went through IDES, myPers was utilized instead of myFSS. I didn't use myFSS until last year when I was moved from TDRL to PDRL. Check my timeline for notification info. I went through IDES two years ago.