VA AWARDS LETTER
VA AWARDS PACKET

I highlight all important information such as:

o bullets in my awards related to enemy engagements
o CIB orders number
o medical report information
o DA form 199 V codes and summary
o promotion orders number

I also stapled or paper clipped like items together.

I created a cover sheet including all the evidance and items in my packets to include both DD FORM 2860

I mailed the packet to the address provided on the Army hrc website for CRSC.
ALSO I REQUESTED A RETURN GREEN SLIP THAT THEY HAD TO SIGN UPON RECIEVING MY PACKET.

I hope this will help others complete a good clean packet that makes it easy for the rating offical to make a decision. Help them help you.

Timeline as follows
2019 MAY 28---- midically retired
2019 AUG 30----mailed CRSC packet
2019 SEP 5-------USPS return green slip received
2019 SEP 11---- called army hrc and they are processing packet and said could take up to 7 months.
2019 SEP 19----recieved letter in the mail from hrc stated they recieved packet and it could take up to 7 months.
2019 0CT 1----logged onto my Army HRC portal to check if any new items have been uploaded and see my approval later has been completed and approved for 70%

2019 OCT 1 approved

I will keep this updated as to when things show on my mypay account.

I hope this helps others.

Looks like a well documented package. Congratulations.

Thank you both. I hope this post can help others with creating a simple yet solid packet.

Would ether one of you know when something might populate under my CRSC mypay section? I'm guessing between oct 20 and November 1st. Buying a house currently and would like to have the crsc statement from mypay so it can count towards income for a home loan.

I'm not quite sure. Mine was approved on 09 April and my first pay statement on my pay showed up on 25 May.

Thank you both. I hope this post can help others with creating a simple yet solid packet.

Would ether one of you know when something might populate under my CRSC mypay section? I'm guessing between oct 20 and November 1st. Buying a house currently and would like to have the crsc statement from mypay so it can count towards income for a home loan.
The monthly processing cutoff for current month results is around the 20th. RASs and CRSC statements are usually produced between that date and EOM...likely the 25th.

This was a good guess: "'I'm guessing between Oct 20 and November 1st."

Ron

Currently no CRSC statement ON my pay. I assume it should populate by the EOM. Approval letter from HRC was uploaded and submitted to DFAS on September 10th. I will update once I see it on mypay.

Thank you...RG

Just a update.

My first CRSC statment just hit on mypay

But the CRSC net pay is only 775 and I was expecting 1037 a month. I call dfas and they tell me I have to call back tomorrow there CRSC system is down.

If some we can look over this and make sure it's right I would appreciate it.

70 percent for CRSC
11 years 11 months
High three 3,480.69
3,480.69 x 0.2980. 1,037.00

Just a update.

My first CRSC statment just hit on mypay

But the CRSC net pay is only 775 and I was expecting 1037 a month. I call dfas and they tell me I have to call back tomorrow there CRSC system is down.

If some we can look over this and make sure it's right I would appreciate it.

70 percent for CRSC
11 years 11 months
High three 3,480.69
3,480.69 x 0.2980. 1,037.00
1. Are the 11 yrs 11 months ALL active duty? If not, need active duty equivalent (i.e., points/360).

2. What is your approved DoD disability retirement percentage?

3. After the VA offset, is there retired pay remaining? If so, what is the gross amount?

4. If available, what is the gross retired pay on your most recent DFAS RAS?

Ron

Currently no CRSC statement ON my pay. I assume it should populate by the EOM. Approval letter from HRC was uploaded and submitted to DFAS on September 10th. I will update once I see it on mypay.

I now have a CRSC statement on mypay. Dated 23OCT!!

I now have a CRSC statement on mypay. Dated 23OCT!!
I asked for info from your last DFAS RAS in order to compute your CRSC. My CRSC statement does not show computations.

I suspect the 11 yrs 11 months might be in error. The 775 is 22.26% of your stated high three. Or...the high three might be in error.

In other words, the DFAS apparently did not use 11/11 for your longevity portion of retirement which is the CRSC in this case.

Ron

DoD 70%
VA 90%

Retired pay is 2436 take out sbp and dental/vision. With VA wavier of 2174.62

Left over is 97.91

11 years 11 months TIS all active duty
High three 3480.69

Crsc award of 70 %

DoD 70%
VA 90%

Retired pay is 2436 take out sbp and dental/vision. With VA wavier of 2174.62

Left over is 97.91

11 years 11 months TIS all active duty
High three 3480.69

Crsc award of 70 %

2436 retired pay minus 2174.62 = 261.38 gross residual retired pay pay

1037 minus 261.38 = 775.62 CRSC payable (rounding caused the figures to differ less than $1)

CRSC plus residual retired pay cannot exceed the dollar amount of the longevity portion of retired pay.

Based on the info you provided:
DFAS pays 775.62 CRSC
and
DFAS pays 261.38 residual retired pay

Ron

2436 retired pay minus 2174.62 = 261.38 gross residual retired pay pay

1037 minus 261.38 = 775.62 CRSC payable (rounding caused the figures to differ less than $1)

CRSC plus residual retired pay cannot exceed the dollar amount of the longevity portion of retired pay.

Based on the info you provided:
DFAS pays 775.62 CRSC
and
DFAS pays 261.38 residual retired pay

Ron
Thank you for clearing that up for me Ron. I understand now. I'm already getting left over pay after the VA wavier so combine that with 775 which is which is 1037.

Now if I down the road my VA hoes from 90 percent to 100 percent it would be 3400 plus 1037.

Thank you once agai. Ron.

I will update when I recieve back pay all.

Thank you for clearing that up for me Ron. I understand now. I'm already getting left over pay after the VA wavier so combine that with 775 which is which is 1037.

Now if I down the road my VA hoes from 90 percent to 100 percent it would be 3400 plus 1037.

Thank you once again. Ron.

I will update when I receive back pay all.
Ok...the 100% VA would reduce the retired pay to zero.

Since there is no residual retired pay, the 1037 would become the CRSC.

Very good question..

Ron