My CRSC Timeline.

JasonM

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
16JUN17 - HRC received my packet.
16JUN18 - HRC approved my packet.
20JUN18 - I received my approval letter by mail. DFAS received my packet the same day.
20JUL18 - CRSC packet populated in my HRC records.
25JUL18 - CRSC LES hit MYPAY account.
01AUG18 - Received my first monthly CRSC payment.
03AUG18 - Received my 16 months of CRSC backpay.

Hope this answers some questions for Soldiers still in the process.

Hello- I just found out today I was approved- for CRSC- I was wondering about the back pay- how was that calculated?
Thank you for your time!

Hello- I just found out today I was approved- for CRSC- I was wondering about the back pay- how was that calculated?
Thank you for your time!
If you are a CH 61 retiree (disability) <20 years AD your CRSC will be the lesser of:

—dollar amount of the longevity portion of retired pay
or
—dollar amount of the CRSC percentage approved using the same rates as the VA compensation tables (e.g., 60% CRSC APPROVED and retiree has spouse and one child under 18...find that rate in VA comp tables).

RETRO CRSC is generally paid from the effective date shown in approval letter.

Ron

16JUN17 - HRC received my packet.
16JUN18 - HRC approved my packet.
20JUN18 - I received my approval letter by mail. DFAS received my packet the same day.
20JUL18 - CRSC packet populated in my HRC records.
25JUL18 - CRSC LES hit MYPAY account.
01AUG18 - Received my first monthly CRSC payment.
03AUG18 - Received my 16 months of CRSC backpay.

Hope this answers some questions for Soldiers still in the process.

23OCT18 DFAS Posted my first CRSC payment scheduled for November...
01NOV18 MY FIRST CRSC Payment was credited to my account
** On the statement, My initial CRSC Eligibility was date
June 2012. With the 6yr (72 months) plus the 5 months between June & Nov...
That's 77 months worth of backpay. So, my question is, do they simply take the amount
that you received for the first CRSC payment & multiply it by the months? And secondly,
when can someone realisticly expect to see their backpay?
This specific post that I am attempting to reply to now, claims that he got his backpay, literally 2 days, after his first CRSC payment. Since our dates are so damn similar, with the only exception, that I am exactly one month behind the soldier above, should I expecting my back pay to show up literally any day now. I have heard the 30-60 day time frame tossed around.... Regarding the 30-60 days, does anyone know if that's how long one must wait in order to get the first CRSC payment after "packet approval" because that is exactly the time frame that my case has been processed so far. So should I be getting 77 months of backpay potentially anytime that I happen to refresh my checking account?

The following was posted yesterday at another web site where I spend time:

"Just had the most pleasant conversation with someone from DFAS I think I've ever had. The CRSC website says that you should receive retro pay anywhere from 30-60 days from receipt of your first CRSC payment. It's actually 90-120 days from first payment and those are calendar days not business days."

Opinion: I think it is a moving target and the volume of CRSC approvals drives the time required to process payments for retro CRSC.

The amount for prior years could be affected by several factors, the most common being COLA increases for most years. In other words, a payment for 2015 would likely be less than a payment for 2018.

Ron

I’m also currently waiting on CRSC back pay. Do you think the government shutdown will prolong the process?

I filed CRSC application 26Jul18
Received decision letter 01Nov18 first pay was 30Nov18

20Dec18 I saw a CRSC pay statement on “my pay” that states my back pay amount. The statement has a Payment Date of 26Dec18 listed. That day has come and gone with no deposit into my account.

I’m also currently waiting on CRSC back pay. Do you think the government shutdown will prolong the process?

I filed CRSC application 26Jul18
Received decision letter 01Nov18 first pay was 30Nov18

20Dec18 I saw a CRSC pay statement on “my pay” that states my back pay amount. The statement has a Payment Date of 26Dec18 listed. That day has come and gone with no deposit into my account.

I jut called DFAS today, spoke to multiple people. DOD is fully funded.

It seems as if 60-90 days are the Norm for payment and it depends how far you go back for the Retro pay to be paid. Seems the father back you go the longer for the Retro to be paid mines goes back to Nov 12 and still have not received any RETRO or first CRSC payment as of 11 Feb 2019.

@RonG
Can you help me calculate the crsc payment

DoD retirement pay -2989
VA PAY 100 % t&p- 3990- with wife and 3 children( this includes special pay and also homebound pay)
Crsc -100%
17 years reserves with 6 years total active duty

Thank you!

@RonG
Can you help me calculate the crsc payment

DoD retirement pay -2989
VA PAY 100 % t&p- 3990- with wife and 3 children( this includes special pay and also homebound pay)
Crsc -100%

Thank you!
TabCinco,
I will be glad to help.

Are you a DoD disability retiree? If so, I need the DoD retirement percentage. Because... Ret pay/percentage = high three average (36 months) for CH 61 retirees who receive the DOD percentage.

Your CRSC will probably be the result of:
6 yrs AD x 2.5% = 15%
High three average base pay x 15% = longevity portion of retirement pay (and likely CRSC)

Any residual retired pay from VA offset will reduce the CRSC; however, I suspect there is none.

Ron

TabCinco,
I will be glad to help.

Are you a DoD disability retiree? If so, I need the DoD retirement percentage. Because... Ret pay/percentage = high three average (36 months) for CH 61 retirees who receive the DOD percentage.

Your CRSC will probably be the result of:
6 yrs AD x 2.5% = 15%
High three average base pay x 15% = longevity portion of retirement pay (and likely CRSC)

Any residual retired pay from VA offset will reduce the CRSC; however, I suspect there is none.

Ron
It’s my husband and he is 75% from DOD

It’s my husband and he is 75% from DOD
Data.
DoD retirement pay -2989
Crsc -100%
DoD: 75%

Estimate.
  1. 2989/0.75 = ~3985 high three
  2. All retired pay is waived due to receipt of 3990 VA compensation
  3. 6 years AD x 0.025 = 15%
  4. 3985 high three x 0.15 = 597.75 longevity portion of retired pay
  5. 597.75 is far less than the 100% CRSC amount (2989)
  6. CRSC = 597.75 based on the info provided
Ron

Data.
DoD retirement pay -2989
Crsc -100%
DoD: 75%

Estimate.
  1. 2989/0.75 = ~3985 high three
  2. All retired pay is waived due to receipt of 3990 VA compensation
  3. 6 years AD x 0.025 = 15%
  4. 3985 high three x 0.15 = 597.75 longevity portion of retired pay
  5. 597.75 is far less than the 100% CRSC amount (2989)
  6. CRSC = 597.75 based on the info provided
Ron
Thank you very much sir.

I received my first crsc payment DEC 1 2018, dated from SEP 2017, and no backpay yet.

I applied April 2018.

Hold times to get through at DFAS to talk about crsc are usually over an hour too. I am hanging in there lol.

My CRSC (Army) Timeline:
11/20/17- CRSC received packet
8/20/18 - Recieved CRSC approval letter
10/1/18 - Recieved 1st payment from DFAS
2/20/19 - Recieved retroactive pay

FYI - Per DFAS, my retro took a while due to the amount and large amounts may or may not be deposited on the date on CRSC statement...depends on bank.

I received my first crsc payment DEC 1 2018, dated from SEP 2017, and no backpay yet.

I applied April 2018.

Hold times to get through at DFAS to talk about crsc are usually over an hour too. I am hanging in there lol.
The audit for retro can take up to 90-120 days. Mines took a little longer.

My CRSC (Army) Timeline:
11/20/17- CRSC received packet
8/20/18 - Recieved CRSC approval letter
10/1/18 - Recieved 1st payment from DFAS
2/20/19 - Recieved retroactive pay

FYI - Per DFAS, my retro took a while due to the amount and large amounts may or may not be deposited on the date on CRSC statement...depends on bank.
So I have 80% CRSC approved effective 13JAN and it was turned in 6FEB, as of now I’m looking at 63 months of retro, 2700 was my high 3, based off that calculation did you high amount exceed mine? Just wondering if it will take 4 months like yours

I’m looking at 69 months of retro and my audit started back on January 7th. Friday will be my 60 day mark and all I hear from DFAS is 90-120 days.