My Frustrating Timeline

ericm

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Filed 6-23 for increase in rating, I had my exam on 6-27, everything from exam to the VA by 7-9. My status on ebenifits is gathering evidence since then. Only change is the completion date gets pushed back a week every week.

I recently found out about VSO's and called her. The VA is waiting on the exam doctor to resend the results because they lost the hard and digital copies. The VA has called the office on 7-17, 8-17, and 9-17 looking for the report. They are scheduled to look for the report again on 10-2, and that nothing will happen until then and if they don't have it they will call again. I asked if I can call or go to doctors office but nothing I can do.

Is it normal that the VA will only look at files on a certain days, seems pretty crazy they will only look on a certain day and not when the last thing they need is received.

She wouldn't tell me my rating, but that everything else ready to go and that it will be much higher then my previous rating.

So talked to my VSO today and the Doctor from my Exam forgot to specifically say his findings were a diagnosis and not an opinion, VA is again (for the 5th time) asking for clarification from my exam. Next time they will look at my file is 11-2, another month because the doc didn't do his job back in July. Even if the doc were to send the corrected report tomorrow VA won't look at it until 11-2.

That does sound frustrating. Hope you get a positive answer soon.

Eric,

Did you finally get a decision?

Yes, but not until 2-7.. and I have to appeal it because while they gave me a rating for my secondary, they forgot to increase my primary. In the decision it states that my shoulder movement is less then 5% which should raise my rating from 20% to 40% on my primary. Add that with my secondary and my overall rating should be 50% but right now only at 40%.