StarMedic

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Figured I'd share my timeline:

Referred to IDES: 24 NOV 2019
Met with PEBLO: 9 DEC 2019
Met with MSC: 15 JAN 2020
C&P Exams: 28 JAN-6 FEB 2020

I’m at campbell too and was referred to ides. How is the process? After being referred do I just wait to be called back by them? How long should I wait to hear back?

I’m at campbell too and was referred to ides. How is the process? After being referred do I just wait to be called back by them? How long should I wait to hear back?
There is a certain window of time that you’re supposed to be contacted (I’m not sure what it is), but I’m impatient so I just showed up to the IDES clinic and they set me up with my PEBLO the next day.

Did you have a p3 when referred or did you get one after you started the process? Where is the ides clinic at? And how long you expecting to be out once starting the process in NOV? Sorry just curious

Did you have a p3 when referred or did you get one after you started the process? Where is the ides clinic at? And how long you expecting to be out once starting the process in NOV? Sorry just curious
I did not have a P3. The MEB doctor wrote mine after I met with my PEBLO. The IDES Clinic is right next to LaPointe. Building 5980. I’m hoping to be out by April. Since I was referred over the holidays, my process was delayed a little.

Oh ok so after being referred for meb you meet with peblo, then see a meb doctor who writes a p3 and that’s starts the actual meb?

Oh ok so after being referred for meb you meet with peblo, then see a meb doctor who writes a p3 and that’s starts the actual meb?
Not exactly. A P3 is a requirement to be in the MEB process. Sometimes, the PCM will write the P3 before referring the soldier to MEB. Sometimes, the PCM will refer to MEB without a P3, and that’s okay too. The P3 is just a formality. You won’t even meet with the MEB doctor regarding your P3. They’ll just write it for you to check the box without ever talking to you. Don’t worry. After you meet your PEBLO, you’ll have a P3 within the week.

Not exactly. A P3 is a requirement to be in the MEB process. Sometimes, the PCM will write the P3 before referring the soldier to MEB. Sometimes, the PCM will refer to MEB without a P3, and that’s okay too. The P3 is just a formality. You won’t even meet with the MEB doctor regarding your P3. They’ll just write it for you to check the box without ever talking to you. Don’t worry. After you meet your PEBLO, you’ll have a P3 within the week.

That’s all I’m waiting on is my peblo to call me. I hope everything goes well and my timeline isn’t so spread out.

Figured I'd share my timeline:

C&P Exams: 28 JAN-6 FEB 2020

I have 1 more question. You said you were impatient and just went up there and they put you with your peblo the next day. So are we already assigned a peblo and literally Just waiting for a call for our first appointment?

I have 1 more question. You said you were impatient and just went up there and they put you with your peblo the next day. So are we already assigned a peblo and literally Just waiting for a call for our first appointment?
Yes, that's exactly right. As soon as your referral goes through, your assigned a PEBLO. It's up to your PEBLO to get off their ass and contact you

Yes, that's exactly right. As soon as your referral goes through, your assigned a PEBLO. It's up to your PEBLO to get off their ass and contact you
Oh ok I’m not sure if my referral has gone thru I just know it was sent up.

Oh ok I’m not sure if my referral has gone thru I just know it was sent up.
If you get Mary Ross as your PEBLO, you'll be in good hands. I'm currently in the MEB/PEB process at campbell and will be reviewing and signing my ratings this week. The process will take a while so patience is key. I do like to call in every other week just to check for any updates. My process started in August and I'm just now about to be done with everything. Also, if you arent in the WTB, as soon as you have received your unfit memo (that will be before you receive your ratings) go straight to CIF so you can turn in all of your items so you can be done with that and itll be easy to clear when you're getting out (if you do).

If you get Mary Ross as your PEBLO, you'll be in good hands. I'm currently in the MEB/PEB process at campbell and will be reviewing and signing my ratings this week. The process will take a while so patience is key. I do like to call in every other week just to check for any updates. My process started in August and I'm just now about to be done with everything. Also, if you arent in the WTB, as soon as you have received your unfit memo (that will be before you receive your ratings) go straight to CIF so you can turn in all of your items so you can be done with that and itll be easy to clear when you're getting out (if you do).
I know it’s a long process, how long it take from start to get unfit memo? What you getting med boarded for?

I started end of august and just got my unfit memo 3 weeks ago lol. So I'd say expect your ratings about 4-6 weeks after your unfit memo comes in. Referred conditions I have 3 and claimed conditions that received ratings were 25 lol. The top 3 were for shoulder replacement, behavioral health, and permanent nerve damage from my neck down to my fingers in my arm.

I started end of august and just got my unfit memo 3 weeks ago lol. So I'd say expect your ratings about 4-6 weeks after your unfit memo comes in. Referred conditions I have 3 and claimed conditions that received ratings were 25 lol. The top 3 were for shoulder replacement, behavioral health, and permanent nerve damage from my neck down to my fingers in my arm.
How long will it take to have my NARSUM appointment? I just finished my last C&P exam today.

C&P Exams: 28 JAN-12 FEB 2020

It took about a month after my last C&P to get my Narsum Dictation appt. Im actually about to go in for that appt in an hour. God knows how long it will take till i actually submit my packet.

It took about a month after my last C&P to get my Narsum Dictation appt. Im actually about to go in for that appt in an hour. God knows how long it will take till i actually submit my packet.
When did you start the MEB process?

When did you start the MEB process?

Referred on 27NOV, but didn't have my first C&P exam until the first week of January. Have my Narsum dictation in a few minutes. Then I have to wait for my PEBLO to provide me with the completed packet to sign. Going to take it to legal first, then it's off to PEB for unfit findings.

You receive your unfit memo before the NARSUM? I thought NARSUM came first, then your unfit memo, then packet goes to informal PEB
I was referred 24 NOV and had my first C&P on 28 JAN. Looks like I’m right behind you. I’ll be following your timeline closely to get a projection for mine