PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
  • 27MAR20 LIMDU Starts
  • 24SEP20 Signed Med Board Referral
  • 20OCT20 Assigned a PEBLO
  • 22OCT20 Appointment with PEBLO
  • 23OCT20 DES Counsel Briefing
  • 12NOV20 VA Rep. makes contact
  • 13NOV20 VA rep goes over all diagnoses with me, over the phone.
  • 18NOV20 VA Contractor (QTC) calls to schedule C&P exams
  • 12JAN21 C&P exams completed
  • 13JAN21 NARSUM review with DES
  • 15JAN21 VA VR&E program brief

Thanks for sharing. People are always interested in timelines.

• 27MAR20 LIMDU Starts
  • 24SEP20 Signed Med Board Referral
  • 20OCT20 Assigned a PEBLO
  • 22OCT20 Appointment with PEBLO
  • 23OCT20 DES Counsel Briefing
  • 12NOV20 VA Rep. makes contact
  • 13NOV20 VA rep goes over all diagnoses with me, over the phone.
  • 18NOV20 VA Contractor (QTC) calls to schedule C&P exams
  • 12JAN21 C&P exams completed
  • 13JAN21 NARSUM review with DES
  • 15JAN21 VA VR&E program brief
  • 26FEB21 I signed MEB package to be sent to PEB.
  • 5MAR21 PEB package sent to D.C.
  • 19MAR21 VA eNotification that Benefits eligibility letter was mailed. ”will arrive in 7-10 days”

Is BUMEDS considered part of the MEB? I already have my VA rating and now awaiting PEB to reach out. BUMEDS had originally stated not to retain me but instead of putting in retirement i elected to be processed through PEB based on the advise of my VA claim rep who works for American legion and filed my VA claims.

Is BUMEDS considered part of the MEB? I already have my VA rating and now awaiting PEB to reach out. BUMEDS had originally stated not to retain me but instead of putting in retirement i elected to be processed through PEB based on the advise of my VA claim rep who works for American legion and filed my VA claims.
I don’t think so. I tried to get a special duty BUMED waiver for my stuff but was told that they could not process waiver requests until the PEB makes their finding.

I don’t think so. I tried to get a special duty BUMED waiver for my stuff but was told that they could not process waiver requests until the PEB makes their finding.
It’s weird how mine is being done backwards.

I can’t speculate as to why, but keep open communication and don’t be afraid to post on the forum. Maybe someone else was in your boat and can help you in some way.