My Navy Timeline for Radiculopathy

That is crazy! I would have raised some hell, my PEBLO hasn’t told me anything though I find out all info from phone calls to the PEB and VA
I think it was because my original PEBLO was on his way out of the Navy and didn't care too much. It wasn't until my new one came in that I started getting updates on the regular. But yeah, to get the most up to date info when you want it, calling the VA/PEB is the best course of action.

That is crazy! I would have raised some hell, my PEBLO hasn’t told me anything though I find out all info from phone calls to the PEB and VA
was there a particular time you called the VA or what number you used? I haven’t had any luck with them answering the phone when I call and their mailbox is full with the number that’s on the Forum.

was there a particular time you called the VA or what number you used? I haven’t had any luck with them answering the phone when I call and their mailbox is full with the number that’s on the Forum.
I used that same number. I never found a time that was better than any other. In my experience with calling, it was just a matter of luck unfortunately.

That is awesome brother. PDRL too, you lucky...... I have to go through this whole thing again in 18 months at my TDRL re-evaluation. It should definitely increase your DOD rating. So happy for you man, enjoy your retirement :)

I’ve been following this thread for a while as my husband has also issues with his back and radiculopathy. He has requested a FPEB with a set date of Oct 15th. I saw the 1850.4E so I’ll make sure to have that. He saw a neurologist 2 days ago and he didn’t care about anything, simply said he looked normal and told him to call ortho (L2-L3 fusion). We have 4 statements from work, one from me and he made one too. I saw your board went well which is exciting to hear but I’m still nervous. His PTSD was granted a big fat 0% by DOD (unbelievable) so his requesting a 30%.

How long after your board did you get out and took leave and all that? I’m trying to map out somehow of a timeline. If he would’ve accepted ratings Sep 16th he would’ve been out probably end of Nov, but now, we sit and wait. Any info you can give us it is highly appreciated! Thanks a lot

I'm sorry to hear you are having to go forth with a FPEB but sometimes it's the best thing to do to get out of it what will be best for your family. I wish you the best of luck!

After my board was completed and I accepted the findings, I have right at 3 months before my final day. Luckily I had enough leave, House/job hunting + Terminal, to take up that whole 3 month period. It was nice to be able to relax for a bit and also take care of the move and find a new home during that time.

I was told by my admin dept. that the average time frame for separation is 1 to 3 months once a board is completed and the separation package is sent up. I don't know how they determine the date for retirement/separation but you'd think they would allow everyone at least the 3 month period.

What are your hopes for the FPEB?

Hey everyone, I just posted a new thread within this forum. Check it out and let me know what ya'll think. If it's an idea ya'll would be interested in, please leave your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear you are having to go forth with a FPEB but sometimes it's the best thing to do to get out of it what will be best for your family. I wish you the best of luck!

After my board was completed and I accepted the findings, I have right at 3 months before my final day. Luckily I had enough leave, House/job hunting + Terminal, to take up that whole 3 month period. It was nice to be able to relax for a bit and also take care of the move and find a new home during that time.

I was told by my admin dept. that the average time frame for separation is 1 to 3 months once a board is completed and the separation package is sent up. I don't know how they determine the date for retirement/separation but you'd think they would allow everyone at least the 3 month period.

What are your hopes for the FPEB?
Husband is hoping to get 30% from DOD (he got 20%) so don’t think that’s too crazy to ask for specially when his radiculopathy and PTSD both were rated 0% (crazy!) it’s just a pain we have to now fight it.

We actually are moving to Tx too, west Katy to be exact. We close on our house end of Oct and closing here in CA on Oct 10th so the FPEB was not a nice new to get, otherwise our timing would’ve been better!

So about 3 months uh? I am predicting we may be out of CA end of Dec/January at the latest. For your leave I know you get the 20 says for job/housing + then whatever leave you have (he has about 25 days) and then you have terminal too? I don’t think I understood that part too well. Thanks a lot for your info!

That's crazy that they gave him a 0% rating for either of those, especially PTSD. I'm sorry ya'll are having to go through this.

For the leave, the leave he has on the books can either be used as "terminal" or he can sell it back. Terminal leave is just a fancy way of saying that you get to use the remainder of your leave before your separation date. It will be two separate leave chits for him to use his Job/House hunting and terminal leave. First he will have to submit his Job/House leave and then set his Terminal leave to begin immediately following that. At least that's how I had to do it. Have him talk with his admin office to see how they want it to be done.

Praying everything works out for you both and that he gets a fair rating following the FPEB.

I haven’t had any luck with the VA in weeks it just keeps going to voicemail.. I called the va 800 number as well but they are not one of the first people to know and the way the guy explained it was that they wouldn’t really know until after we sign the ratings with the lawyer. I was on hold for like an hour so don’t waste your time, unless you really want to and you’re super eager like me lol. I just posted a new thread asking about this actually so follow that, and if you do get ahold of them let me know!

Does anyone know how long it takes to start getting retired/disability pay? It's been almost 2 months now and DFAS still shows my account as "Separated Active Duty".