My Navy Timeline for Radiculopathy

Mine said the exact same thing. The radiculopathy is my primary complaint and my shoulder is the second. ROM on the shoulder is less than 90 in all directions for me. The radiculopathy is also debilitating at times. I could never take the gabapentin, it made me feel like I was stuck in a dream world. I don't know how they say it's okay to drive while taking, I know I was terrified driving while on it. Hopefully it's better for you!

Oh yeah man, I get the same feeling... I try time my dosages so that I don't have to drive on it or drive after a few hours from my last dosage. lol. I get what you are saying though. I will be going to a formal board if radiculopathy isn't found as unfit because this is terrible to live with and I am going on a year since I injured myself. Hopefully your stuff makes its way to VA this week!!!

Well, hopefully yours comes back as unfit for the radiculopathy. I can't remember if you told me already or not, but did you have an EMG for the radiculopathy?

I had an EMG and NCS done on left and right arm with a positive Radiculopathy finding. My left arm has been numb since December 2017. Yeah, I hope they find it unfitting too. Based on the instruction in the VASRD they secondary conditions steming from back injuries shall be rated on thier own. Any ways, I have seen both sides on this forum of guys who have had it found unfitting and guys who have had the radiculopathy as a fit finding so..... as the pendulum swings "we shall see what happens". I am not going to accept a 10% severance pay, I have two babies under two to provide for so I will fight it all the way up if I have to.

It almost like they flip a coin for who is fit/unfit for radiculopathy. Maybe they should just hire doctors who themselves have the condition so there is a better understanding of the pain?! Lol!

Ha ha ha.... yeah, I agree... maybe then they will understand how difficult it is to do anything. My Nuero Doc asked me what it feels like and I said, the outside of my arm is numb like its been in an barrel of ice water and the pain feels like someone is pulling fishing hooks through my entire arm from my neck.... constantly! I think at that point he upped my Gabapentin. lol.

You right though, from all the people I have looked into its been as follows:

MJ6495 - UNFIT Radiculopathy
ckshaw85 - UNFIT Radiculopathy
Berazil - UNFIT not incl Radiculopathy
Ft Carson - UNFIT Radiculopathy
Gopens23 - UNFIT Radiculopathy
K1RB - UNFIT Radiculopathy
MN4 - UNFIT Radiculopathy
Bigflip - UNFIT not incl Radiculopathy
crewdawg7871 - UNFIT Radiculopathy

Seems as though UNFIT findings outweigh FIT. So you're saying there's a chance?!

Yeah, it seems that the two guys who's radiculoathy was found fit didn't have the radiculopathy as an individual item on thier MEB referred condition, they both had ROM and radiculopathy combined - both guys got over 30% based on cervical ROM

So, I know what the official timeline is for the VA to get my package back after it's received from the PEB, but what are some current real world timelines that ya'll are seeing or have yourself experienced?

My timeline thus far has been anything but expedited or on schedule, so I'm hoping from this point on that things will move a little more smoothly. My claim was originally submitted on 5/14/18 and has exceeded the projected completion date by over a month already. My PEBLO can't get me an answer as to why.

Hey @MattCollins7 great question, I'd be interested to know what other peoples timelines look like. I think each case is different though. what does your ebenefits say?

The VA's ear must have been burning because within the past 10 minutes my original claim went historical and a new one was opened as "Under Review". Or they are reading my posts here and are entertaining me. Lol!

Estimated Completion: 04/18/2019 - 06/24/2019 - New timeline from the VA. Does this seem accurate or could I possibly expect something sooner?

Oh the timeline means nothing. You know that you have been found unfit as the VA has your package. I would say two weeks if one of the claims has closed and gone historical. That usaully means your claim has been decided on and forwarded back to the PEB for final rating and the one opened is more of an administrative task to keep your case open to wait until you officially accept the ratings. This is just my pure speculation based on my research on this forum.

I figured as much with the claim being sent back to the VA about the unfit finding. Now to cross my fingers and say a prayer that I won't need to attend a formal board. I think you are right on the money though in your assumptions.

I don't want to have to go to a formal board either but I am going to keep fighting for what I feel I deserve.

I couldn't agree with you more there. I'll keep posting as I find out more and my claim moves forward.

lol, I know.... I'm just happy that I am still getting paid while I wait. It would be nice if there was an interface that allowed you to see where your package is in the process and maybe some insight into the IPEB process.

That would be definitely nice. Maybe an app with a personal login to keep track of the process and with additional info for each step of the process that applies to the current phase. Ebenefits isn't bad, but it's not enough to keep you up to date in real time.

So my VA percentage is 80% and my package is with the PEB for the determination of the DOD percentage. My PEBLO said that I should hear back from the IPEB by next week.

That's great!! Is that along the lines of what you were hoping for from the VA?