My Navy Timeline

navyhm2015

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Back injury in 2012, pain progressed until November 2014. MRI shows entire lumbar herniations, arthritis in cervical and lumbar spine.
June and July, initial MEB appointments and meetings with VA MSC
July 28th, claim submitted to VA
August 12 - Commander Letter Completed
Last VA C&P Exam August 30
Sep. 18 - Reviewed and Signed NARSUM
Sep. 21 - Package sent
Sep. 24 - Package received (Awaiting MEB UNFIT or FIT finding)

Are you at Lejeune?

Our timelines are pretty similar I'm an AD Marine.

I am on the same timeline as yall and my peblo just told me that they are backlogged due to the POPE's visit.

I am on the same timeline as yall and my peblo just told me that they are backlogged due to the POPE's visit.

They are backlogged because of the Pope's visit? just out of curiosity what does the pope visit have to do with the process? sounds like BS to me.

You know the pope came near a base so the entire VA had to shut down for at least three weeks causing a 180 day backlog in all of the processes. You know how they work

My PEBLO told me that the PEB had just switched over to paperless on September 1st and had to convert all paper files over to digital. I signed my NARSUM on August 5th, and the latest status was "Informal PEB underway" on August 28th. Still no word.

Woah crazy! I wish my PEBLO kept me informed of such things. Good thing we have this site.

I know right. I still have heard anything, I called last Thursday. I am in San Antonio, TX, actually. So stuff gets sent all over the place it seems.

They are backlogged because of the Pope's visit? just out of curiosity what does the pope visit have to do with the process? sounds like BS to me.

hey jameswags74 I have been waiting for my Fit/Unfit memo for 3 months mine got sent up the same time yours did. is you case complicated?

My case shouldn't be, as of now my ratings were sent to the IPEB from the VA, which I think means they determined me fit/unfit, but peblo communication doesn't happen so im just going off of what ive seen and heard from others on here.

talk to your peblo before you get your hopes up. remember she represents you. so drive to her office and ask her whats going on.

talk to your peblo before you get your hopes up. remember she represents you. so drive to her office and ask her whats going on.

Im not getting my hopes up, i've had an absolutely awful time communicating with my PEBLO's, over the past 3 months ive sent at least 20 emails and called the same or more and have gotten 3 emails in response, all have said the exact same thing, "we will let you know when we here something" and no answers on the calls or call backs, Ive been trying to speak with whoever i can that could actually respond to me and give me some type of info, thats why im on here every night and doing as much research as i can on the whole process.

Trust me I'm in the same boat with mine. I've even ICE'd her and no improvements. Have faith but take everything you hear with a grain of salt unless your peblo says something.

Hopefully we all here something soon because I hate this whole waiting game. I want to apply for SSDi but im waiting on the findings to come back before I do apply.

Hopefully we all here something soon because I hate this whole waiting game. I want to apply for SSDi but im waiting on the findings to come back before I do apply.
I wouldn't wait to apply. Applying and receiving SSDI benefits can take up to two years. I applied in April, and I am on my ALJ appeal stage and will have to wait at least 6 more months for a hearing date.

Just an update for everyone, I am still waiting for my UNFIT or FIT findings, have been told that the electronic transfer backlogged the PEB for a couple weeks. It has been at this portion of the process for about 8 weeks now and the approximate time it should have been was 3 weeks. I have heard people waiting this long are getting their VA ratings very quick after this because the original wait, so I am hoping all my decisions are coming in together.

17DEC2015, PEBLO called and told me I was unfit and that my case was forwarded to the VA. So now just waiting for ratings. Hopefully I hear back before February, I am looking to start a new job April 1st, 2016.

Congrats NAVYHM. I just got on to this thread and am in the same boat a lot of you were in a couple months ago. My package was forwarded for a FIT or UNFIT finding about 3 weeks ago. Looks like I'll be waiting for a few months just to hear something...? Great, I was looking forward to more weekend safety briefs anyways...