My Navy Timeline

Yeah, the PEB received my package from the VA on 2/12/18. I'm still waiting on the findings. I have no word on anything. Knowing that its at the last step is making me crazy anxious! I just want to know whats up! Anyway, hope all are doing well in your timelines!

How do you know when the PEB received the ratings back from the VA, did you call? I think my ratings will be done here shortly and sent back to the PEB.

My PEBLO told me that the PEB received my package back from the VA on that date... But I got the call today. I have an appointment tomorrow. I also received my proposed VA rating in the mail. It was 80% but I have a few claims that I didn't add to the initial claim. Fingers crossed its good news tomorrow.

UPDATES!

27DEC17- Referred to med board.
28DEC17- Met with PEBLO and VA rep.
04JAN18- Phone conference with lawyer
18JAN-31JAN18- C&P exams
13FEB18- Signed NARSUM, command had everything already sent to PEBLO, and is now being sent off to MEB. Received copies of my C&P exams.
02MAR18- PCM submitted a second NARSUM, decided to rebuttal to have "lower chronic back pain" for diagnosis changed to include my 3 diagnoses added.
05MAR18- PCM sent back her reply to rebuttal. Submitted to PEB
06MAR18- PEB accepted package
15MAR18- Found UNFIT and package was sent to VA
28MAR18- Ebennies changes to Preperation for Decision
30MAR18- Ebennies changes to Pending Decision Approval, then goes historical!

Finally on that downward slope!

18JAN-31JAN18- C&P exams
13FEB18- Signed NARSUM, command had everything already sent to PEBLO, and is now being sent off to MEB. Received copies of my C&P exams.
02MAR18- PCM submitted a second NARSUM, decided to rebuttal to have "lower chronic back pain" for diagnosis changed to include my 3 diagnoses added.
28MAR18- Ebennies changes to Preparation for Decision
24APR18- Case came back to PEBLO, accepted findings, DOD 40% VA 90%.

DAMN I'm jealous of yal!!!!

I haven't got really any feedback from my peblo or msc or anyone. I been on my own with this process.

Mid December referred me to meb/peb
submitted all docs and Completed the C&P exams 30MAR18. Signed Narsum and sent that back. My lawyer hasn't been there any step of this and he was the one who would make sure "everything goes good". Called and got a whole 48 seconds on the phone with my Peblo, awaiting final doctors signature before submitting to PEB for fit or unfit? Does that sound right?

Any help is appreciated. But damn i'm jealous of yal haha

DAMN I'm jealous of yal!!!!

I haven't got really any feedback from my peblo or msc or anyone. I been on my own with this process.

Mid December referred me to meb/peb
submitted all docs and Completed the C&P exams 30MAR18. Signed Narsum and sent that back. My lawyer hasn't been there any step of this and he was the one who would make sure "everything goes good". Called and got a whole 48 seconds on the phone with my Peblo, awaiting final doctors signature before submitting to PEB for fit or unfit? Does that sound right?

Any help is appreciated. But damn i'm jealous of yal haha

Doesn't sound right at all. Once you sign your NARSUM it should be submitted to PEB, whom decides if you are fit or unfit, and depending on if you are in the IDES system, then it gets forwarded to the VA for them to rate the findings, goes back to PEB for QA phase, and you then agree or disagree to the findings. I'm not sure what "final doctor" they are waiting for? Your NARSUM is generated from your PCM and there's a separate portion to the entire package from your chain of command too. And being referred to just finishing C&P's in March is pretty ridiculous, I had 16 or 17 different claims, had like 8 different C&P's and they had all of them scheduled in the period of 13 days. My only hold up from the finishing of my C&P's and getting it all sent over was just an error on my first NARSUM. My lawyer is local too, he works in the same building as my PEBLO. And some advice, truthfully, at least in my perspective, the PEBLO is worthless. Mine never gave me any answers, so I stopped contacting her and followed my package by calling the PEB themselves, then calling the VA, and then calling back to PEB for the final phase and I always received help from both of them every time I called. The lawyer won't entirely be there for every step, but if you do have an issue then you need to get in contact with them. The one I have went through my command's letter, NARSUM, and everything else with a fine comb before we submitted my rebuttal to the first NARSUM. I hope this helps!

Hell yeah that helps!!!! One paragraph and you’ve explained more than the entire time in this shit show lol I am in the IDES process and this really did help boss

Hell yeah that helps!!!! One paragraph and you’ve explained more than the entire time in this shit show lol I am in the IDES process and this really did help boss

Good :) don't lose hope. I've met some people who waited 6 months to sign the finalized papers after submitting to PEB, then there's some people like me who can get through the entire thing from submitting to the PEB to signing the final papers in 50 days. I hope everything speeds up for you, don't hesitate to ask questions either. If you mind, where are you doing the IDES process out of?

Hell I hope it goes that quick to be honest just because I got a civilian job lined up and I’m ready to rock and roll with it, but I’m going through the process through Great Lakes even though I’m a recruiter in Missouri. But watchin y’all post gives me motivation and some patience. I appreciate yal

Hell I hope it goes that quick to be honest just because I got a civilian job lined up and I’m ready to rock and roll with it, but I’m going through the process through Great Lakes even though I’m a recruiter in Missouri. But watchin y’all post gives me motivation and some patience. I appreciate yal

I am here in Great Lakes too. Probably explains why your PEBLO is useless, probably the same one as me LOL! The attorney here is a really good guy, but he wasn't the one assigned to me in the beginning, I just walked into this guys office while at the VA here and he helped me. I'll dig and see if I can find his number for you and I'll shoot it to you in a message!

Appreciate that man, also how do yal see what your status is in the va ebenefits page?? If I am reading it right it says review of evidence. Damn this is all confusing lol

Appreciate that man, also how do yal see what your status is in the va ebenefits page?? If I am reading it right it says review of evidence. Damn this is all confusing lol

Yeah that will update after the PEB forwards it to the VA (if found unfit). It will go from review of evidence to preparation of decision, to then pending decision approval and then you will get a claim that will go historical. When it goes historical that means they have a rating for you, I was able to sweet talk one of the guys on the hotline number to giving me my proposed rating, but they send it to the PEB at that point for QA, and QA is what took me the longest. When my claim went to "pending decision approval" I got my new historical that day.

Okay sweet thanks man, I been ghost for a few days haha being on recruiting will do that to ya. But from what ive been "told/read" from the date that they send your file off to the PEB you should find out 15 days later Fit/unfit and that's when the real waiting begins correct? Apparently I have a pretty solid NARSUM from what a few people have told me. But of course not getting my hopes up to get slammed back down. Just trying to still wrap my head around the waiting period. How do they actually come up with the "120 day" phase? lol the numbers just do not add up. I see 15 days for IPEB, then Preliminary rating board 15 days, the FPEB 30 and with reconsiderations and rebuttles you can add an extra 45 days to the phase but 120? lol I cant be the only one who looked at the timeline and sees it doesn't add up.

Hey NAVYDC,

The timeline can definitely be confusing, and I used to joke and say that they do that on purpose. With every part of this process, there is room for error and delay. There is also a lot of time that adds up during the transfer of information. Best thing you can do is just be ready and available the moment they call you, do your part to make the process go more quickly. You're not wrong about finding out about FIT/UNFIT decision, that timeline seems appropriate if everything goes well. If UNFIT, the package will move straight to the VA for proposed ratings. Thats a perfect example of added time, the Navy has QA phases that occur during this time, so what takes the VA a month might seem like 2 because of what is required in the transfer of the package.

With the QA phases that will be with me and the VA correct not with the PEBLO and peb at all?

My apologies I took QA as questions and answers lol not quality assurance hahaha

No worries! Yes, the quality assurance process can add a few weeks to the timeline. In most flow charts that represent the entire IDES process, this will usually be labeled as administrative and transfer time between the DoD and the DoVA. My case is actually in the QA phase as we speak, but I had the VA fax over my proposed ratings yesterday. Now, I just have to wait for the DoD to complete their process so I can sign my findings.

18JAN-31JAN18- C&P exams
28MAR18- Ebennies changes to Preparation for Decision
24APR18- Case came back to PEBLO, accepted findings, DOD 40% VA 90%.
03MAY18- Received RAD date, submitted for orders on 10MAY18.

Hey @JohnViro

I just had two quick questions about your specific situation if you had a moment. First, I noticed that there was approximately a month between the case going historical and you accepting your findings. Was that due to the QA phase that occurs after the DoVA completes their proposed findings? Second, in your circumstance, did the DoD adopt the percentage that the VA had proposed specifically for your REFERRED UNFIT condition?