My timeline. Estimated separation??

Mra23

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have been going through an MEB for combat related ptsd and this is my timeline so far.

August 24-code 37
August 28-peblo brief
October 19- package sent to afpc
October 31-afpc phone call
November 16-afpc determined full meb
November 19-va claims with msc
December 11-26- va/c&p

I'm trying to get a better estimated separation timeframe from people who have been going through the process recently. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

its going to vary and esp with the holidays coming up. I have just signed my paperwork to head to the IPEB, took my doctor a couple weeks to review everything, some have taken 30-45 days. I would say once everything is submitted to AFPC you could expect anywhere from a few days (if returned to duty) or 2-3 months to completion just from what I have seen on these boards. One lucky person who I was following got their unfit decision and ratings all within about 2-4 weeks.

Also going through an MEB for Diabetes Insipidus and Combat PTSD.

I was notified about being MEB back in September, have not heard anything about it since I will be inpatient in a VA PRRP 8 week program soon. My PEBLO was able to give me copies of my two NARSUMS, and said that after the treatment she will give me my initial briefing. I hope that the process goes smooth and fast as I can't perform my official primary duties anymore in the Military.

Good luck and try to find a way to relax during the holidays, I was told that my MEB would most likely take 10 months that is including and adding the two moths VA PRRP program.

I went to my C&p exams in early September. Expect long waits once the paper work gets sent too IPEB. I've noticed if you get permanent retirement you get orders a lot quicker than temp retirement. My best advice is try to stay patient and don't make any plans. It could take a while. I'm actually still waiting on orders.

The IDES process takes its own sweet (or sour as the case may be) time. You could receive ratings, accept them, and get out fairly quickly. You may disagree with the ratings, go through the FPEB, appeal, and spend over a year in the process.

The unknown timeline causes folks a lot of stress. If you can accept you won't know until you know, you'll be much happier.

Reading other folks timelines may help narrow the scope of the unknown, but timelines have varied wildly. I have tried to figure out my own timeline with no success.
Best of luck,
-- OFP

Thanks for all the input. Going to be moving across the country and just trying to figure everything out.

Update

August 24-code 37
August 28-peblo brief
December 11-26- va/c&p
January 9- peblo received va exams
January 14- signed 618. & received mypers notification that case was sent to afpc.

Anybody with similar timeline? Getting anxious now that things are winding down.

AFPC received my package on 5 Jan, so we’re very close in timelines. I’m very anxious for my ratings. I’m also moving across country and need to get there ASAP.

AFPC received my package on 5 Jan, so we’re very close in timelines. I’m very anxious for my ratings. I’m also moving across country and need to get there ASAP.
I will keep you updated with mine and will be following you as well. Good luck

I will keep you updated with mine and will be following you as well. Good luck
I called the providence number and he told me that my package was with a rater now, so my proposed ratings should be done in a week or so. I would imagine your package isn’t far behind!!

I called the providence number and he told me that my package was with a rater now, so my proposed ratings should be done in a week or so. I would imagine your package isn’t far behind!!

How long has yours been with a rater? Ive been waiting since beginning of Jan and no joy

How long has yours been with a rater? Ive been waiting since beginning of Jan and no joy
I’m not sure when it went to the rater, but it was sent to IPEB on Jan 5. I asked the person I talked to on the phone an estimated time I should have ratings back and he told me a week or so, I’m hoping that’s the case but not getting my hopes up. I’m just excited to have a final out date so I can start planning!!!

I have been going through an MEB for combat related ptsd and this is my timeline so far.

August 24-code 37
August 28-peblo brief
December 11-26- va/c&p

I'm trying to get a better estimated separation timeframe from people who have been going through the process recently. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Based on what you've mentioned so far, my guess is your earliest separation possible would be end of March or end of April.

Based on what you've mentioned so far, my guess is your earliest separation possible would be end of March or end of April.
That is what I was thinking/hoping for. There are so many sub stages to a MEB I'm still trying to figure it all out. Thank you all for the input! I'll keep you updated as my case continues.

Yeah.. good thing is your case is in the PEB stage now.

Factoring:
AFPC IPEB unfit/fit determination - ~1 week (~95% most likely will be unfit)
VA - ~5 weeks
AFPC again for DoD ratings - ~1 week
Your acceptance of IPEB results - ~less than a week
Assuming you accept the results and don't continue with the IDES process (FPEB, etc..)...
Service review/separation date approval - ~2 weeks
Out-processing time/getting PCS orders/leave/PTDY - ~varies

Yeah.. good thing is your case is in the PEB stage now.

Factoring:
AFPC IPEB unfit/fit determination - ~1 week (~95% most likely will be unfit)
VA - ~5 weeks
AFPC again for DoD ratings - ~1 week
Your acceptance of IPEB results - ~less than a week
Assuming you accept the results and don't continue with the IDES process (FPEB, etc..)...
Service review/separation date approval - ~2 weeks
Out-processing time/getting PCS orders/leave/PTDY - ~varies
Yeah all the different phases of the peb confused me. Thank you for breaking it down!

Update

August 24-code 37
August 28-peblo brief
December 11-26- va/c&p
January 9- peblo received va exams
January 14- signed 618. & received mypers notification that case was sent to afpc.

Anybody with similar timeline? Getting anxious now that things are winding down.

I have a very similar timeline
July 2-code 37
August 18-peblo brief
September 26- package sent to afpc
October 31ish-afpc phone call
November 13-afpc determined full meb
November 23-va claims with msc
November 26- December 10 va/c&p
December 26- peblo received va exams
December 28- signed 618
January 2- received mypers notification that case was sent to afpc.
January 22- handnt heard anything so I called PEBLO; AFPC deemed me Unfit as of 8 Jan and sent it to the VA the same day.

I feel like the process has moved relatively fast, but I don't like that they don't communicate well, makes the process more stressful.

I’m not sure when it went to the rater, but it was sent to IPEB on Jan 5. I asked the person I talked to on the phone an estimated time I should have ratings back and he told me a week or so, I’m hoping that’s the case but not getting my hopes up. I’m just excited to have a final out date so I can start planning!!!

Its getting frustrating for me because my job is asking for a firm start date. I’ve been at the VA awaiting ratings for about a month here soon. I was told it was assigned to a rater on the 10th when I called in so pretty much my livelihood after the military is in the hands of whomever is doing my ratings. Seeing others have proposed ratings whose claims went up after mine is discouraging and very disappointing. I am preparing myself mentally to have my job offer recended.

Its getting frustrating for me because my job is asking for a firm start date. I’ve been at the VA awaiting ratings for about a month here soon. I was told it was assigned to a rater on the 10th when I called in so pretty much my livelihood after the military is in the hands of whomever is doing my ratings. Seeing others have proposed ratings whose claims went up after mine is discouraging and very disappointing. I am preparing myself mentally to have my job offer recended.
According to the IDES timeline my PEBLO gave me, the VA can take 20 days, then sends it back to AFPC for DOD ratings and that takes about 7 days. Then there is 5 days to route it, and 6 days for them to call you in and for you to make a decision.
Four out of the Five people I know that are getting MEB at my base, got their ratings back at the Friday before their 6 week mark from the date the C&P was received by AFPC. (the fifth person has a ridiculous amount of stuff missing and his package got routed back and forth and lost at the PEBLO office; his took 12 weeks).