My Timeline

@LISA1 what did you tell the VA to get them the fax your proposed ratings. My case closed and went historical on Jan 29. I called today and they said they can not fax me the rating

@LISA1 what did you tell the VA to get them the fax your proposed ratings. My case closed and went historical on Jan 29. I called today and they said they can not fax me the rating
Call them back and tell them you have waited the required 10 days and would like your proposed ratyings Faxed to you. If you don't get the solution you want, hang up, repeat.

26SEP17 MEB referred
29NOV17 Package sent to PEB
01DEC17 PEB received package
05JAN18 VA received PEB request for ratings
17JAN18 VA completed historical case
18JAN18 VA send decision letter
25JAN18 called VA they said I have to wait 10 days to received by proposed finding so on the 29th I will call if I don't get anything in the mail.
25JAN18 PEB received package from the VA
29JAN18 VA faxed my proposed finding 100% VA
01FEB18 called PEB my package is in Q&A stage it could take up to a month, but they have been processing the packages faster so it could be two weeks from the 25JAN18.
any word yet?

They faxed it. He wasnt sure why i didnt recieve anything in the mail yet. So he faxed it and mailed it.

Attachments

• 15181061349681410565288.jpg
    15181061349681410565288.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
call the VA and tell them that its been 10 days and you haven't received your proposal letter that was mailed out on the 29th of January and that you would like it faxed to you. Don't ask about the rating because that cant send you the rating. Its a word game ask for your letter not your rating. The rating is in the letter.

any word yet?
No I called today and they said it could take up to 25 days to be complete. That I should wait for my PEBLO to call me with my finding. I think it is close to being done because he made this speak about it will take 25 to 35 days to complete the Q&A phase then he stop mid sentence and said my PEBLO will call me with the finding.

No I called today and they said it could take up to 25 days to be complete. That I should wait for my PEBLO to call me with my finding. I think it is close to being done because he made this speak about it will take 25 to 35 days to complete the Q&A phase then he stop mid sentence and said my PEBLO will call me with the finding.
I called yesterday and i want to call today aswell but i feel like that would be annoying. i have been at the Q&A phase since the 23rd. when i called yesterday they said the same thing about the 25 days-30 days to be completed. im so anxious its driving me wild lol VA proposed 100% i want to see the DODs proposal!!!

I'm at 90% I really feel like the VA rated me wrong. Didn't take into account my ROM.

I got my proposed rating faxed today at 90% my case is still in Q&A at PEb. Can I do a VARR only for the rating I I feel was too low and what they said was not military related or would they do it for just my unfitting conditions?

Also would I have to start the VARR after I officially get my finding back from PEB or l can start it now..... would it also be the time to add new claims or would that slow my process down... Btw I’m outta NSA Jax which peblos happens to be pretty helpful

Also would I have to start the VARR after I officially get my finding back from PEB or l can start it now..... would it also be the time to add new claims or would that slow my process down... Btw I’m outta NSA Jax which peblos happens to be pretty helpful
Great Question

So I posted this in another forum but my case was sent to the Q&A phase on the 23rd of Jan. Kept calling the PEB with the same results “as of the 23rd of January your case is at the Q&A phase” my PEBLO called my on Friday February 16th with my results...40% DOD 100% VA medically retired PDRL, so it took almost a month to get the results for anyone just going into hat part of the process...now my question is how long does it take from when you sign your documents and the PEBLO sends it to Pers for them to receive it? And also does anyone know if it’s just the 100% disability pay that I will receive or will I receive something from DOD for the 40%?

mykedeee, so your PEBLO doesn't send your signed findings to PERS for orders. After you're done with the PEBLO and agree on your findings, the PEBLO will send it back to the PEB in DC so that the board knows what decision you made. They will "do their thing" and then send it to PERS. That's when PERS will generate the PDRL/TDRL message.

More on that. So my PEBLO was mis-informed on his info. Mine told me that PERS will generate my orders. Correction! PERS generates the PDRL/TDRL authorization message. With this, you can do your local PSD's guidance for medical retirements. PSD will get all the paperwork and generate your orders (which comes from PERS in the end, as well). It's a non-ending loop. As a YN who spent some time in Millington and who is nearing the "end of the road," there's a lot that goes on. My TDRL message took only a week to come out from PERS (signed findings Friday, 9 Feb; TDRL authorization message came out Friday, 16 Feb. I just went through medical yesterday, filled out advanced travel, and downloaded docs from online to submit to PSD today. So I hope to get something my final orders soon. But like I said, it's a waiting game. Keep an eye on message traffic. If you can't see it, ask one of your friendly YNs or PSs to keep an eye out for you.

Concerning your pay question. If you have been in more than 20 years or been in combat (very basic way of putting it - skipping technicalities), then you will get both. However, if you don't meet these requirements, you get one or the other. From what I have been told, DFAS basically picks for you. They WILL pick what is best. So if you get 100% VA, you will get more from that than 40% from DoD. Also, remember, VA disability is tax free. ;) So you'll be in a different tax bracket come time for taxes next year. :D
This is possibly the most informational post I’ve ever seen! Thank you! Since you’ve worked at millington before question so I signed my rating findings on Tuesday she sent them back to PEB...the date I picked to get out was the 22nd of March, how often was the date chose the correct final day in the Navy? I was talking to my Admin about it and they aren’t really the most helpful people in the world lol

26SEP17 MEB referred
25JAN18 called VA they said I have to wait 10 days to received by proposed finding so on the 29th I will call if I don't get anything in the mail.
01FEB18 called PEB my package is in Q&A stage it could take up to a month, but they have been processing the packages faster so it could be two weeks from the 25JAN18.
22FEB 18 DOD 30%PDRL VA 100% P&T

26SEP17 MEB referred
22FEB 18 DOD 30%PDRL VA 100% P&T
How did you know you were P&T?

In the proposed letter from the VA under additional estimated benefit: Propose entitlement to dependent's education assistance under 38 USC chapter 35. I called the VA when I noticed in my letter and I was told that the chapter 35 are benefits for veterans who are permanently and totally disabled due to a service connected disabilities. So that was why it was in my letter under additional estimated benefits. So check your letter my additional estimated benefits was just before my paragraph about my 100% rating.

In the proposed letter from the VA under additional estimated benefit: Propose entitlement to dependent's education assistance under 38 USC chapter 35. I called the VA when I noticed in my letter and I was told that the chapter 35 are benefits for veterans who are permanently and totally disabled due to a service connected disabilities. So that was why it was in my letter under additional estimated benefits. So check your letter my additional estimated benefits was just before my paragraph about my 100% rating.
And P&T means you have to get evaluated again by the VA?