My Timeline

Just called my MSC who told me my proposed ratings. 10% DOD/80% Total. She also informed me that the Army pulled my ratings from the VA so I think that means I’m in PEB findings now?
I heard the severance checks are really nice! Hopefully you will have your DA199 soon.

I just joined this forum. I am going through a MEB. I started the MEB process back in 2020. I started my PEB around the end of March 2021. I am still waiting on the VA to complete their percentage for my combined rating. I have been waiting for about 160 days. I am also a dual status technician and fast approaching my 25 year mark in February of 2022. Therefore, my case has went from "plenty of time" to "I need this complete now!" I have had several back surgeries due to the military, cervical separation, radiculopathy in both arms, legs and bilateral in both ankles. I just went over my 29th year in the military. I have been going through this since January 2020.
I was able to find my IDES timeline attached. My Pueblo stated, "Hello, I was hoping to at least have your IPEB Findings (Ratings) by now. The PEB still has not decided on a rating.
Hopefully they will send your rating soon."

I guess I am a bit confused since my IDES is still at the VA, therefore, that is the reason the PEB has not decided on a rating. Looks like I am WAY behind....

Being in this forum has helped me out alot! Thank you all for posting and making me more educated about this process. I feel like I have some "control" and knowledge over this situation instead of asking folks that don't have an exact answer. IDEAS State.JPG

I was able to find my IDES timeline attached. My Pueblo stated, "Hello, I was hoping to at least have your IPEB Findings (Ratings) by now. The PEB still has not decided on a rating.

I guess I am a bit confused since my IDES is still at the VA, therefore, that is the reason the PEB has not decided on a rating. Looks like I am WAY behind....

Being in this forum has helped me out alot! Thank you all for posting and making me more educated about this process. I feel like I have some "control" and knowledge over this situation instead of asking folks that don't have an exact answer. View attachment 6778
Contact your MSC and see what’s up with that.

Being in this forum has helped me out alot! Thank you all for posting and making me more educated about this process. I feel like I have some "control" and knowledge over this situation instead of asking folks that don't have an exact answer. View attachment 6778

It seems from this what is occurring is the PEB is still trying to figure out what conditions to consider you for unfit. Through the new process the VA will send ratings before the PEB request so that the Army is not waiting like they did in the past. Depending on your situation and what your injuries are will determine the timeline unfortunately. The PEB looks at every condition regardless of what the MEB says you meet or do not meet standard and makes a decision.

I know this isn't really the news you probably wanted to hear but I hope it helps a little.

Contact your MSC and see what’s up with that.
I contacted my Pueblo, no answer as of yet. I also contacted my VA POC and basically he stated until the VA rates by back, I am at the mercy of the VA. As far as the MSC, they are at the mercy of my Pueblo/VA rating. Its been quite the process. Thank you for replying.

It seems from this what is occurring is the PEB is still trying to figure out what conditions to consider you for unfit. Through the new process the VA will send ratings before the PEB request so that the Army is not waiting like they did in the past. Depending on your situation and what your injuries are will determine the timeline unfortunately. The PEB looks at every condition regardless of what the MEB says you meet or do not meet standard and makes a decision.

I know this isn't really the news you probably wanted to hear but I hope it helps a little.
Thank you and yes, it helps alot. That is what I am assuming as well. I have been found unfit from the MEB for my back/neck injury, however, my back is the one issue the VA has not yet service connected (but they have service connected my neck). I am currently sitting at 70% without my back service connected.

I appreciate the feedback and this forum. It gives me peace of mind and some very helpful insight. I realize that each situation is unique and with that, each has different timelines. I just have to be patient.

Thank you and yes, it helps alot. That is what I am assuming as well. I have been found unfit from the MEB for my back/neck injury, however, my back is the one issue the VA has not yet service connected (but they have service connected my neck). I am currently sitting at 70% without my back service connected.

I appreciate the feedback and this forum. It gives me peace of mind and some very helpful insight. I realize that each situation is unique and with that, each has different timelines. I just have to be patient.
I feel you for sure. I was referred for my neck and arm/hand, which was also my does not meet standard. Since then they found out about my lower back and I have had two procedures and they are talking about a wheelchair in five years so woohoo for me lol. They are only tracking that I have lower back arthritis or some crap like that but I am not fighting it right now. I don't have the strength mentally or physically to do it against both.

I am glad they are working you case and giving you what you deserve for sure. If I recall right, you are reserve/guard and I imagine it is a bit different than us active. Just continue to hold you head high and if you need anything, know you are not the only one in this situation.

I feel you for sure. I was referred for my neck and arm/hand, which was also my does not meet standard. Since then they found out about my lower back and I have had two procedures and they are talking about a wheelchair in five years so woohoo for me lol. They are only tracking that I have lower back arthritis or some crap like that but I am not fighting it right now. I don't have the strength mentally or physically to do it against both.

I am glad they are working you case and giving you what you deserve for sure. If I recall right, you are reserve/guard and I imagine it is a bit different than us active. Just continue to hold you head high and if you need anything, know you are not the only one in this situation.
It seems that the back is a tricky thing. I have friends who have received great results and many such as yourself that have not. I have had several back surgeries and after 29 years of rucking, APFT, running, it certainly hasn't helped. But I am one of the crazy folks that absolutely love PT and it is my outlet, therefore, it has doubly sucked. But, it seems that my packet moved from yesterday to IPEB packet completion (but there isn't a completion date...weird).

I have about 6 active duty years (with 2 deployments) and the rest guard/title 32 tech. Its been a great career, but I am ready to at least plan my next chapter. Learning patience through this process has probably been the hardest part.

Good luck and thank you for your encouraging words! IDES_27JUL.JPG

It seems that the back is a tricky thing. I have friends who have received great results and many such as yourself that have not. I have had several back surgeries and after 29 years of rucking, APFT, running, it certainly hasn't helped. But I am one of the crazy folks that absolutely love PT and it is my outlet, therefore, it has doubly sucked. But, it seems that my packet moved from yesterday to IPEB packet completion (but there isn't a completion date...weird).

I have about 6 active duty years (with 2 deployments) and the rest guard/title 32 tech. Its been a great career, but I am ready to at least plan my next chapter. Learning patience through this process has probably been the hardest part.

Good luck and thank you for your encouraging words! View attachment 6787
Hell yea, looks like they are getting their stuff in order and getting you moving. So you are in the PEB Findings phase which is what everyone calls the 199 phase. This is going to feel like a miserable process as well because it may be another 4-6 weeks. Your PEBLO should be calling you or you can give them a call and they should tell you that the PEB is working on the 199 and it can be days or weeks (that is what mine told me).

Once the 199 is done though, man I hear it is smooth sailing and I can't be more excited haha. Congrats on your very long career, I did everything I could to stay as long as the Army would let me and it was only 14 years. I know what a long career does to people though for sure, my father did 33 with the Army and my mother 30 with NASA.

I haven’t checked the dashboard. Can’t until tomorrow. Last update I have is my VA ratings was closed on the 19th.
Hopefully my case is one of those where the va ratings and findings don’t update. It seems like 50% of peoples dashboards are like that.

Hello,

I have been following this post for awhile now, Im going thru a medboard at Fort Belvoir. I submitted my narsum May 17th 2021. I havent heard back since and everytime I call my peblo I just get the same "should be soon". I called the VA directly to see if the PEB even requested my final ratings from the VA to try to get some answers and the VA rep told me they are finalizing my final ratings for the PEB. She said something about phase 4?? But then said she cant give me any other details or timeline for when they will send it to the PEB. I have no idea what any of this means can anyone help me?? Is there anything I can do to make the VA move faster or am I just going to have to keep falling deeper into insanity with this waiting bs? Plz help!

Thanks.

Hello,

I have been following this post for awhile now, Im going thru a medboard at Fort Belvoir. I submitted my narsum May 17th 2021. I havent heard back since and everytime I call my peblo I just get the same "should be soon". I called the VA directly to see if the PEB even requested my final ratings from the VA to try to get some answers and the VA rep told me they are finalizing my final ratings for the PEB. She said something about phase 4?? But then said she cant give me any other details or timeline for when they will send it to the PEB. I have no idea what any of this means can anyone help me?? Is there anything I can do to make the VA move faster or am I just going to have to keep falling deeper into insanity with this waiting bs? Plz help!

Thanks.
Have you tried calling your MSC?

Hopefully my case is one of those where the va ratings and findings don’t update. It seems like 50% of peoples dashboards are like that.
Yeah hopefully, I hope mine is accurate because my PEBLO and MSC give me the bare minimum information. It’s really annoying.

Yeah hopefully, I hope mine is accurate because my PEBLO and MSC give me the bare minimum information. It’s really annoying.
Agreed. I’ve contacted my OMBUDSMAN to see if they could give me a more concrete answer. If only we had access to EPEB.

Have you tried calling your MSC?
Just got off the phone with her, she was a huuuuge help, called one of her peblo friends that works at Fort Belvoir too and he was able to hook me up with the info I needed. He said the only thing left for my PEB was the last signature before it is sent back to my peblo for my final ratings election signature then I get my NLT date!

Thanks for the great advice man!!