My Timeline

Day 88 here.. I feel your pain.
Man I wonder why ours is taking so long.. do you know exactly what part yours is on?? Mine is just waiting on the last signature on my 199. Super frustrating knowing it just needs one signature and it is taking so long. The system is so broken. I dont even understand the need for the PEB. Waste of time.

Man I wonder why ours is taking so long.. do you know exactly what part yours is on?? Mine is just waiting on the last signature on my 199. Super frustrating knowing it just needs one signature and it is taking so long. The system is so broken. I dont even understand the need for the PEB. Waste of time.
I have no idea. I just get told any day now.

We need my husbands process to last as long as possible!!! If we can make the process last until May, it would be really good for my husband. I know that the timelines are so hard for everyone. I am considering sending the following email to my husbands care team and PEBLO- I am really open to feedback and suggestions. He is starting his VA QTC appointments. The QTC appointments go through the 1st week of September.... We need to stretch the entire process to May 7.... And I know that there are so many people that need the process to be expedited....

Should we say something like this (below) to his PEBLO? I've spoken to his assigned PEBLO, and I believe him to be a helpful person. A common sense person, a regulation expert person, a creative person. I have a signed auth to speak to everyone on my husbands care team...... Im trying to be an amazing advocate for my husband when he cannot advocate for himself- he deserves a voice. We have reached out to attorneys but havent gotten a response.

We (I) understand that your position as a PEBLO is very fast paced, We (I) understand that there are files desperate to move to the front of the line.. please use our (my) file to be flexible, especially in your day to day matrix. Please understand that we (I) know there are Service Members that require more of your attention in a day or week. You have service members that are requesting expedition, so that they may transition more quickly. Please feel free to move those ahead of us (me), while always maintaining satisfactory timeline objectives related to their caseload. I (We) are grateful for your hard work, expertise, and attention. I know you are asked constantly to predict the future. WHEN WILL I KNOW? HOW MUCH LONGER? WHY SO LONG? I (we) understand that you are hit from all sides- the unprecedented situation, the unfortunate backlog- and the uncertain future.

We need my husbands process to last as long as possible!!! If we can make the process last until May, it would be really good for my husband. I know that the timelines are so hard for everyone. I am considering sending the following email to my husbands care team and PEBLO- I am really open to feedback and suggestions. He is starting his VA QTC appointments. The QTC appointments go through the 1st week of September.... We need to stretch the entire process to May 7.... And I know that there are so many people that need the process to be expedited....

Should we say something like this (below) to his PEBLO? I've spoken to his assigned PEBLO, and I believe him to be a helpful person. A common sense person, a regulation expert person, a creative person. I have a signed auth to speak to everyone on my husbands care team...... Im trying to be an amazing advocate for my husband when he cannot advocate for himself- he deserves a voice. We have reached out to attorneys but havent gotten a response.

We (I) understand that your position as a PEBLO is very fast paced, We (I) understand that there are files desperate to move to the front of the line.. please use our (my) file to be flexible, especially in your day to day matrix. Please understand that we (I) know there are Service Members that require more of your attention in a day or week. You have service members that are requesting expedition, so that they may transition more quickly. Please feel free to move those ahead of us (me), while always maintaining satisfactory timeline objectives related to their caseload. I (We) are grateful for your hard work, expertise, and attention. I know you are asked constantly to predict the future. WHEN WILL I KNOW? HOW MUCH LONGER? WHY SO LONG? I (we) understand that you are hit from all sides- the unprecedented situation, the unfortunate backlog- and the uncertain future.
I don't know from my experience anyway I really think there are so many cases back logged that they arent even looking at them all that closely. It is more like they are knocking them out order they are received and the ones that hit certain timelines like 80+ days in PEB get pushed to the top.

There has to be a reason you are trying to continue this process out so long. In order to assist and give you the right answer, can you give a better understand of that reason? May is 10 months away but without a reason as to why, I can't answer your questions or give you sound advice.

Oh my PEBLO told me 80% when I finished the MEB
Since the MEB only determines fitness for duty, I’m surprised your PEBLO said anything about ratings. Your first rating(s) would come from the IPEB and NEVER the PEBLO.

Well, I’m an E4 promotable and have 7 years in which comes out to about $48k so that’ll be nice. Hopefully we both have them soon
SEVERANCE checks are nice until you go in expecting to receive monthly disability pay from the VA and find out your monthly amount is $0 until your severance amount granted is paid back. Goal should be retirement, not severance.

SEVERANCE checks are nice until you go in expecting to receive monthly disability pay from the VA and find out your monthly amount is $0 until your severance amount granted is paid back. Goal should be retirement, not severance.
That’s not exactly how severance works. I’m proposed at 10% DOD 80% total. I’ll receive the severance in exchange for that 10%. I’ll still receive that 70% disability. And that’s if math was normal with disability. There’s still a chance I could be paid monthly at 80%. Refer to the DODI for more info.

They were my proposed VA ratings when that happened.
Just remember nothing is permanent until it in writing and signed by all parties. The VA will only give you a proposed rating until you are fully released from service then that proposed rating will become fact.

Just remember nothing is permanent until it in writing and all parties. The VA will only give you a proposed rating until you are fully released from service then that proposed rating will become fact.
Correct and I’m aware of that. I have 0 hope for retirement so at least I’ll snag a fat severance

I’m with you on that. Guess I’m confused about what 30% dod actually gets you other than tricare
The difference between a medical separation and a medical retirement are very big in fact. Other than the tricare aspect you get every entitlement that a military 20+ year retired SM gets other than an "official" pension. I say this because you technically are getting a pension from the military if you are medically retired at 30% or more. However, most SMs wave their DoD compensation in order to receive their VA compensation because that compensation is non-taxable income.

Some things that a 30%(+) medically retired SM can receive;

Access to MTF
Access to MTF Dental
Access to base resources such as PX, commissary, sporting clubs/rentals
On-post housing options

Yes, I know some people look at these things a little things. However, for some SMs that need access to these resources, getting 20% or lower is a very big change of lifestyle and can cause huge financial difficulty.

There are several resources and websites that can give you a much larger and detailed list. I wish I could be able to spit everything out and give you all the full list but unfortunately I can't. Your PEBLO will also be able to assist. Hope I was able to assist a little.

The difference between a medical separation and a medical retirement are very big in fact. Other than the tricare aspect you get every entitlement that a military 20+ year retired SM gets other than an "official" pension. I say this because you technically are getting a pension from the military if you are medically retired at 30% or more. However, most SMs wave their DoD compensation in order to receive their VA compensation because that compensation is non-taxable income.

Access to MTF
Access to MTF Dental
On-post housing options

Yes, I know some people look at these things a little things. However, for some SMs that need access to these resources, getting 20% or lower is a very big change of lifestyle and can cause huge financial difficulty.

There are several resources and websites that can give you a much larger and detailed list. I wish I could be able to spit everything out and give you all the full list but unfortunately I can't. Your PEBLO will also be able to assist. Hope I was able to assist a little.
I will add to this, in contrast to medical retirement, if you are rated over 50% total, you get VA Health Care. With this, you have access to PX, commissary, and other base commodities.

Access to MTF
Access to MTF Dental
On-post housing options

I can see where that would be great for someone living near base for sure! Thanks