My UPDATED JAPAN/SAN DIEGO TIMELINE

baliw1974

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
NAVAL MEDICAL CENTER SAN DIEGO
NAVY
Referred Condition:
-SPINAL STENOSIS-LUMBAR (Flexion 30, Extension 20)
-FAILED BACK SYNDROME
-DEPRESSIVE DISORDER
-CHRONIC LATERAL EPYCONDILITIS, LEFT ELBOW

Sept2011-Mar2013- (LIMDU) OCONUS
25Feb2013- MEB initiated
12Mar2013- C&P exam (Orthopedics)
18Mar2013- C&P exam (General Med)
19Mar2013- C&P exam (Mental Health)
21Mar2013- C&P exam (Eye Exam)
27Mar2013- C&P exam (Audio)
22Apr2013- Signed NARSUM
29Apr2013- Package sent to PEB
30Apr2013- Package received by PEB
03May2013- PEB forward package to VA

Seems to be moving along...which conditions were determined unfitting?

My PEBLO does not have that info yet since it's only been 3 days after the VA received. I will post more once I got the result.

Wow your timeline is like mine almost. I think im like 2 days behind your in your timeline.

UPDATE:

Propose rating from VA. I have not received the final message yet.
40% - DOD
100% - VA

How often does the VA propose rating for my unfitting condition changes when it reach the DOD side? If I get 100% VA do I still need to be reevaluated by them, If so, how often?

I will post more once I got the final message.

UPDATE:

40% - DOD
100% - VA

How often does the VA propose rating for my unfitting condition changes when it reach the DOD side? If I get 100% VA do I still need to be reevaluated by them, If so, how often?

Congratulations on the recent receipt of your DoD & DoVA proposed ratings! :)

Based upon whether your DoD rating is attached with PDRL or TDRL, I believe this is one method of a potential change in rating if TDRL is determined on the DoD side. If I have mis-spoken, I am sure other PEB Forum members shall provide updated and/or additional feedback.

Moreover, upon receipt of your DoVA final ratings, they are not "protected ratings" which means that they are subject to change via any future DoVA C&P Examinations. If you are given an increased DoVA final rating of "100% P&T" than future DoVA C&P Examinations will not be scheduled; in essence, keeping the DoVA rating at 100% but it's still not a DoVA protected rating.

BTW, with a DoVA 100% proposed rating, you may potentially qualify for additional federal, state and/or local government incentives; so, make that inquiry for potentially additional future benefits!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

UPDATE:

40% - DOD
100% - VA

The DOD can not change the proposed ratings from the VA. The VA is the rating authority.

Do you know if you are PDRL or TDRL (permanent or temporary retirement)?

Warrior and ceilingfan thank you for ur input. I don't know if it is PDRL or TDRL yet for my PEBLO doesn't have the message yet. I found out about my propose rating from DAV providence.

Warrior and ceilingfan thank you for ur input. I don't know if it is PDRL or TDRL yet for my PEBLO doesn't have the message yet. I found out about my propose rating from DAV providence.

I envy you...My timeline is exactly the same. Whats your Ebennies showing up as, like in the whole process. Curious if they are updating them.

I envy you...My timeline is exactly the same. Whats your Ebennies showing up as, like in the whole process. Curious if they are updating them.

Malinois1983, my Ebenefits stays in gathering evidence for 2 months and move to complete 3 days ago.

You are welcome! :)

In retrospect, based upon my current U.S. Army IPEB findings, my TDRL DoD proposed rating adopted by the DoVA D-RAS, is subject to change due to the forthcoming six-month re-evaluation after military disability retirement.

From an U.S. Army perspective, to that extent as based upon the trend for significantly lower disability rating on TDRL re-evaluations, I am definitely not looking forward to my TDRL six-month re-evaluation with IWA then new rating determination by the USAPDA PEB.

Whether this implementation is supportive of USC statues or not since U.S. Army (DoD IDES case) TDRL re-evaluations are placed in the DoD Legacy DES process, the NCRPEB SPEBC stated that the USAPDA PEB is using the civilian contractor called IWA for TDRL re-evaluations then using their examination report/results (along with any provided and/or obtained documentation within the re-evaluation period) to determine the new DoD rating; totally removing the DoVA D-RAS process for re-rating determinations. :(

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Malinois1983, my Ebenefits stays in gathering evidence for 2 months and move to complete 3 days ago.

Hey thanks mine has said review of evidence for about 2-3 months as well. Annoying....However its the same timeline as yours roughly, maybe they can work on mine now.

hello everyone Im currently on limdu in japan . and MEB was sent to the PEB . how long should i expect to transfer from Japan to IDES ?