Narsum and CQ exams Contradictory. I DISAGREE WITH C&Q RESULTS

maxxime

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I received my Narsum and Q&C results today for review from my peblo. My referred condition was chronic Abdominal condition. MEB physician is referring to PEB since my condition does not meet retention standard. I reviewed my general exam DBQ, and the VA physician down played my condition. she stated that my condition stable, that I am asymptomatic and the current symptoms I am experiencing have not been found related to my condition. but the Narsum clearly states I am symptomatic . I have been having issue with my condition and I have Ct- SCAN scheduled for February ( 2 weeks). what to do? any advise? I ma meeting with legal next week.

VARR but wait on the proposed ratings first.

AS above, when your ratings come back, you ask for a VA Ratings Reconsideration. It is a check and balance built into the system for people like you!

Same question because I float a similar boat, I recieved my results from my C&P and many of my conditions were not documented properly or were downplayed similarly, I went to meet with the Legal Reps and have an appointment here shortly however my NARSUM seemed to be as accurate as I expected it to be. So you can do a VARR after the IPEB during the rating review process?

AS above, when your ratings come back, you ask for a VA Ratings Reconsideration. It is a check and balance built into the system for people like you!

When you ratings come back, if you believe the ratings are too low, ask for a VARR. If you believe some ratings should have been unfitting, but weren't ask for Formal PEB. You can ask for either a VARR or Formal PEB or both.

Thank you, I don’t disagree with my initial MEB findings but I don’t agree with my c&ps already, but yes I suppose I will find out some more here shortly

If your C&P exams are in question, a VARR is your remedy.

Thanks again I assumed that was the case therefore I haven’t been panicking, legal seemed to try to guilt me into feeling as though I made a mistake by signing my NARSUM already however I agreed with it and all else just not the exams, which is why I asked them for the appointment was to review my exams so we could be ready if necessary to fight the ratings with a VARR. I feel as though I’ve learned a ton from this website specifically and also from reading the actual regulations and CFRS.

...I assumed that was the case therefore I haven’t been panicking, legal seemed to try to guilt me into feeling as though I made a mistake by signing my NARSUM already however I agreed with it and all else just not the exams, which is why I asked them for the appointment was to review my exams so we could be ready if necessary to fight the ratings with a VARR. I feel as though I’ve learned a ton from this website specifically and also from reading the actual regulations and CFRS.

FYI if not already informed by IDES legal at this point, it's important to remember that you can only submit a VARR request while in the DoD IDES process for the PEB-referred "unfit for duty" medical conditions.

All other disagreements with any DoVA ratings while in the IDES process will have to be potentially resolved as a military disabled veteran. This can be accomplished upon receipt of your DoVA official ratings documentation by the D-RAS from completion of the DoD IDES process via the submission of a DoVA VARR at that particular point in time and/or submit a DoVA appeal via the new VA Appeals Modernization Act. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Thanks again I assumed that was the case therefore I haven’t been panicking, legal seemed to try to guilt me into feeling as though I made a mistake by signing my NARSUM already however I agreed with it and all else just not the exams, which is why I asked them for the appointment was to review my exams so we could be ready if necessary to fight the ratings with a VARR. I feel as though I’ve learned a ton from this website specifically and also from reading the actual regulations and CFRS.
FYI if not already informed by IDES legal at this point, it's important to remember that you can only submit a VARR request while in the DoD IDES process for the PEB-referred "unfit for duty" medical conditions.

All other disagreements with any DoVA ratings while in the IDES process will have to be potentially resolved as a military disabled veteran. This can be accomplished upon receipt of your DoVA official ratings documentation by the D-RAS from completion of the DoD IDES process via the submission of a DoVA VARR at that particular point in time and/or submit a DoVA appeal via the new VA Appeals Modernization Act. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Interesting, I should hopefully hear that tomorrow with legal, and I am just focusing on how to go about that then in the future because my exams were botched pretty poorly.

Interesting, I should hopefully hear that tomorrow with legal, and I am just focusing on how to go about that then in the future because my exams were botched pretty poorly.
Indeed, I can definitely comprehend since I had a very bad experience with my DoVA C&P exam for PTSD when in the DoD IDES process while on military active duty. The idiot VA physician totally disregarded my four plus years of comprehensive behavioral healthcare active duty medical records which included several military & civilian inpatient facility mental healthcare treatments. As a direct result, the idiot VA physician low-balled the write-up and included erroneous verbiage highly suggesting a different level of my PTSD symptomology from more than multiple OIF & OEF combat tours of duty.

In retrospect via a SMEBC attorney, I submitted a VARR since the PTSD was one of my PEB-referred unfitting medical conditions; the other was a thoracolumbar medical condition. The VARR results were partially successful in that I received an increased rating for the thoracolumbar condition to 40% albeit the PTSD condition rating remained unchanged at 50%. As such, only seven months after becoming a military disabled veteran, my PTSD rating was increased to 100% schedular then a couple of more months later it was increased to a 100% P&T rating by a DoVA Rating Agency. Moreover, all other disagreements with my DoVA ratings assigned while in the DoD IDES process were eventually resolved favorably via the submission of DoVA appeals under the old DoVA appeal system. Albeit, I still have one remaining DoVA appeal now being processed under the new DoVA Appeals Modernization Act.

Nonetheless, no worries in my lengthy experienced opinion. Sometimes it just take a different set of "eyes" to review all available medical evidence and/or medical documentation to eventually obtain a successful outcome. You are definitely being "positively proactive" while in the DoD IDES process and please continue afterwards upon becoming a military disabled veteran via your forthcoming interactions with the DoVA VBA.

That all said, remember it's an established appeals "process" whether DoD IDES, DoD LDES (TDRL), or DoVA C&P, but allow the appeals process to work for you by invoking all appeal right opportunities at the appropriately designated submission timeframe. Hopefully, at the end of the appeals process, you shall eventually receive a successful outcome as I did for remaining "positively proactive" throughout all of my own DoD IDES, DoD LDES (TDRL), and DoVA appeals endeavors. Take care!

Best Wishes!