NARSUM HELP PLEASE!!!!

mrperfect

PEB Forum Regular Member
I just recieved and signed my NARUM a few days ago and my doctor wrote in it that my symptoms are unlikely to change and that i am managing my conditions by limiting my physical activites. He wrote that my andle condition has not been fully rehabilitated but it shold inprove with time and strengthening, my ankle is medically acceptable. He also wrote that my condition is stable and medically not accepablt UP of AR 40-501, para 3-39h.

so my question is what is the probability of an unfit finding?

He wrote that my andle condition has not been fully rehabilitated but it shold inprove with time and strengthening, my ankle is medically acceptable. He also wrote that my condition is stable and medically not accepablt UP of AR 40-501, para 3-39h.

If the doctor who wrote your NARSUM wrote that then it seems he is contradicting himself. I would ask him or your PEBLO to explain. It seems he said with rehabilitation you will get better and it is acceptable and followed that with it's an unacceptable condition.

Get clarification.

I understand but my back issue is the main issue, that is the condition that started the med board, and that is the condition that he says is unacceptable.

mrperfect:
It depends; can you perform your assigned job with little to no problems? Can you wear your protective gear and deploy? There is a list of task that every “Soldier” (I'm not sure about other branches) has to be able to do in order to stay in. If you cannot, you will most likely be separated.
Did your command or first line supervisor write you a recommendation letter? This isn’t something that you have to have but it carries a fair amount of weight. Also, did your commander state that you should be retained or sepeated?

no, i can't perfom my assigned duties. I was deployed to Afghanistan and had to get sent back early beacause of my condtions.I haven't been doing my job for like that last 7-8 months (I really just come to work and do nothing to be honest). My CO stated in the NMA that that with my back condition with my other injuries that i'm not suitable for the command and that i'm not deployable, and im in a deployable command now!

I reviewed my NARSUM today.
DIAGNOSES
Army: Multilevel Cervical Spondylosis with Chronic Cervicalgia the VA: says Cervical Spine Strain with Decreased ROM and pain
Army: Old Right Cervical radiculopathy most lilky involving C5-C6 roots VA: results Right Shoulder arthritis with right upper extremity brachial plexopathy
Army: Obstructive Sleep Apnea treated with CPAP VA: says Sleep apnea with use of CPAP
Army: PTSD with a GAF rating of 65 VA PTSD
was giving a profile with a PHULES Code: of 23114
Anyone have any infomation and if they have seen any ratings and what I might be looking like as in fit or unfit.

C_K,

Anything is possible, but based on your info posted you will be found unfit with a very high rating (probably over 80%). I'm assuming at least two of your conditions do not meet retention standards according to NARSUM?

Ceilingfan,

I understand that anything can happen, and I thank you for your vote of confidence. I have three conditions listed as unfit. My main concerns was that the NARSUM did not address future service or daily pain associtate with the injury, nor did it list if the condition was stable or not.

C_K,

Any progress on whether conditions were coded as "does not meet retention standard" by MEB (NARSUM)?

Ceilingfan,

My MEB went to the PEB on the 5th and I got an unfit finding back from them on the 18th. All my conditions are labeled does not meet retention standard, and also all are combat related.

C_K