NARSUM issues!!

Ljm

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I received my NARSUM today and I am pretty upset and wondering if anyone has any advice. My biggest gripe is that there are statements in there that are flat out lies.
1. The MEB dr said I never mentioned my back on my PDHRA. That is not true. I had my PEBLO pull ip the document that clearly showed that I notes back pain.
2. MEB dr said I never had a profile of any sort for back pain. I keep copies of my profiles.
I plan to take both supporting documents when I meet with the lawyer. Parts of the C&P exams were total BS. The only condition that mentioned flare ups was my unfitting condition. However, i had surgery on my elbow a few years ago and I just completed a couple of months of therapy on my elbow because of pain etc and came away from it with a permanent profile for push ups because of pain. Ive done everything excepr surgery/pain injections for my back. Ive been having pain for years(documented in my re ords by multiple doctor's visits over the years.
Any recommendations on how to proceed or things I should mention when I met with the lawyer would be greatly appreciated.

I received my NARSUM today and I am pretty upset and wondering if anyone has any advice. My biggest gripe is that there are statements in there that are flat out lies.
1. The MEB dr said I never mentioned my back on my PDHRA. That is not true. I had my PEBLO pull ip the document that clearly showed that I notes back pain.
2. MEB dr said I never had a profile of any sort for back pain. I keep copies of my profiles.
I plan to take both supporting documents when I meet with the lawyer. Parts of the C&P exams were total BS. The only condition that mentioned flare ups was my unfitting condition. However, i had surgery on my elbow a few years ago and I just completed a couple of months of therapy on my elbow because of pain etc and came away from it with a permanent profile for push ups because of pain. Ive done everything excepr surgery/pain injections for my back. Ive been having pain for years(documented in my re ords by multiple doctor's visits over the years.
Any recommendations on how to proceed or things I should mention when I met with the lawyer would be greatly appreciated.

My NARSUM was lacking the facts as well. Therefore, I went through my entire medical record, highlighted every mention of the conditions that were left off, tallied them up in list format, made list of every major appointment w/dates (month and year) and submitted it all to my PEBLO requesting an Impartial Medical Review (IMR) for the correction of my NARSUM). Once the PEBLO saw how well compiled the evidence was, she took it straight to the SGH to accelerate the IMR process and the SGH directed that all of the conditions I listed be added to the NARSUM. My PCM then typed an addendum that was very similar in verbiage to what I sent the PEBLO, and it was all fixed up in about a week. It's not the usual process, but it worked in my case. You should be able to supply the lawyer with the same list (if you choose to compile it), and it should be of great help to attorney and the MTF crew since the research would have already been done.

I hope this information helps.

@GSWarrior2017 Thank you. I have started compiling the necessary documentation. All of my conditions were included in the NARSUM, it just erroneously stated a couple of things. I'll have it all for legal when I see them tomorrow. Thanks again though. This website is awesome. It is great to have others who have been through/are in the process to talk to because you only really know what it is like when you go through it.

@GSWarrior2017 Thank you. I have started compiling the necessary documentation. All of my conditions were included in the NARSUM, it just erroneously stated a couple of things. I'll have it all for legal when I see them tomorrow. Thanks again though. This website is awesome. It is great to have others who have been through/are in the process to talk to because you only really know what it is like when you go through it.

You're welcome. No problem! I hope it all turns out well!

Ask for an IMR

I signed my NARSUM on 25 Aug,just waiting for the unfit memo. My claim status on vets.gov says it moved to the evidence gathering, review and decision portion as of 28 Aug. Any idea if this means I have been found unfit by the IPEB? Im still in command so I am hoping the unfit for duty memo helps higher see the light!

I signed my NARSUM on 25 Aug,just waiting for the unfit memo. My claim status on vets.gov says it moved to the evidence gathering, review and decision portion as of 28 Aug. Any idea if this means I have been found unfit by the IPEB? Im still in command so I am hoping the unfit for duty memo helps higher see the light!

You shouldn't see anything in vets.gov about your NARSUM, IPEB, or FPEB: that's all DoD stuff. The only stuff you'll see in vets.gov is VA stuff. (Unless your service is dramatically different from the Navy.) The VA has nothing to do with fit or unfit.

Your PEBLO should be the main POC to find out when and if you've been found "unfit" by your service/DoD. Once the case has been ruled on by your service, then it will be forwarded to the VA for the "ratings" process to begin.