NARSUM received today with errors

BCWhite

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Surprised with a FEDEX package today that contains my MEB documents (QTC Exam, NARSUM, etc.). Basically the NARSUM says I am unfit for retention based upon Degenerative Disc Disease and PTSD. Seeing errors already and don't really know what to do.
On the NARSUM the MEB diagnosis is Degenerative Disc Disease of the Lumbar Spine and the VA Diagnosis is Arthritis of the Thoracic Spine and Lumbar Strain. I think they are essentially the same thing. Page 2 of my NARSUM under Baseline Documentation it states I reentered the Army in 2001 when in fact I reentered in 2000. I assume I have to get this corrected?
I am stationed away from the post that is doing my MEB. How do I get counsel on the NARSUM?
I respect your responses, alot of good information is learned here.

My take: I am pretty sure the NARSUM states; doesn't meet standards or at least it is suppose to. The PEB determines the retention part.

I would contact Jason to represent you if you elect to appeal.

If it is administrative issues only; state in a memorandum what is wrong and what it should reflect requesting it to be fixed.

Called my PEBLO and he said the only way to fix verbage (misspellings, one year is off) is to request an impartial review. Guess that is what I am doing.

That is not true. The impartial review deals with medical conditions that are improperly listed and stuff you think they missed.

You can write a NARSUM appeal in a very simple memorandum format that states what you see that is incorrect. I did this with mine and my appeal was reviewed and approved the same day. The IPR is only going to help you if you think they missed medical conditions.

You can pretty much use a basic memo format found on this site and adjust it to your needs. Paragraph 1 state the mistakes you see. Paragraph 2 state what you want corrected. Paragraph 3 put your point of contact on it.

It's very simple and they will either hand write in the adjustments, or redo the NARSUM depending on how much needs to be changed.

Let me know if you have questions. Always make sure you run your stuff through another source before you make you decision. Purpleheart, VFW, MEB cousel.

That is not true. The impartial review deals with medical conditions that are improperly listed and stuff you think they missed.

You can write a NARSUM appeal in a very simple memorandum format that states what you see that is incorrect. I did this with mine and my appeal was reviewed and approved the same day. The IPR is only going to help you if you think they missed medical conditions.

You can pretty much use a basic memo format found on this site and adjust it to your needs. Paragraph 1 state the mistakes you see. Paragraph 2 state what you want corrected. Paragraph 3 put your point of contact on it.

It's very simple and they will either hand write in the adjustments, or redo the NARSUM depending on how much needs to be changed.

Let me know if you have questions. Always make sure you run your stuff through another source before you make you decision. Purpleheart, VFW, MEB cousel.
Thank you for this info. I have a similar situation....The NARSUM states that my condition will most likely not improve, most likely decline, and I will require continued therapy (MAjor Depressive Disorder, Moderate), but makes blanket statement that I can do my job despite the symptoms. I had a telephonic appointment with the physician and was told that was an error, that it should have supported the idea that I am not able to do my job. The Physician is willing to rewrite the NARSUM, but the PEBLO says they cannot and I must do a rebuttal...this sound correct?