National Guard Federal Technician

Uncle Sams Real Estate

Registered Member
I am member of the NG (17 years) and a FedTech. I am also 100% SC P&T by the VA. I was found unfit by the Army with an LOD and have to make a choice on how to proceed, either MEB or Retired Reserves. I do not want to go through the VA ratings again so I am thinking about choosing Retired Reserves(RR). If I do so will I still receive my disability retirement from my FedTech position?

Any help is appreciated? Nobody can give me a straight answer!!

Pyro

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just MEB it and get it over with, you'll probably be darn near 100% DoD and get retirement but they will re-evaluate you through the VA. You'd probably get the FedTech med retirement either way.

macjac69

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Per FERS if that's your tech retirement plan. If separated due to disease or injury (Guard) you are entitled to disability retirement 60% of your high 3 for 1st year 40% thereafter till age 62 unless you are both age 50 AND have 25 years of tech service otherwise it's a discontinued service retirement.

macjac69

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
As of now OPM is severely backlogged with retirement packages w/up to a 1 yr wait.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">