Navy IDES Timeline

StillWaiting

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
15JUL2011 Initial referral to IDES.
19AUG2011 Second Referred to IDES.
26AUG2011 Claim Developed.
12SEP2011 First Medical Evaluation Appointment.
20SEP2011 Last Medical Evaluation Appointment.
06OCT2011 Reviewed NARSUM and signed UNFIT finding from MEB.
13OCT2011 BUMED started screening record for PEB.
30NOV2011 Called Washington DC and was told PEB found me UNFIT Separate without benefits 0%.
05DEC2011 Notified by PEBLO that IPEB came back UFIT for service.
06DEC2011 VA started reviewing package for PEB rating.
23DEC2011 VA Ebenefits status changed to "Preparation for Decision" and then in the afternoon "Pending Decision Approval".
09JAN2012 Called the VA and was notified that as of 05JAN2012 the VA is just waiting on my DD214. Status still shows online as "Pending Decision Approval".
13JAN2012 Notified by SMO that my name was on a message traffic list because my IDES status is not where I'm supposed to be. Maybe someone will do their job now.
02FEB2012 Notified by PEBLO that she has my findings of 0% seperate with severence.
03FEB2012 Signed DA199 and turned in paperwork to PSD, now waiting on official message and orders.

I will update as I find out new information.

Got an update yesterday by calling Washington DC. Found UNFIT by PEB seperate with no benefits 0%. My PEBLO is on leave this week so nothing officially passed to me. Kinda hopeing that it is just at 0 because they need the VA to rate the diagnosis' still. We shall see next week.

Who did you call up in DC? My package just went off to DC just awaiting on the tracking # from the PEBLO. Was told that the Navy is taking the same ratings as the VA. The Disabling ones i am guessing only for DOD and VA. But this is now my second time going to the IPEB. First time last year my package was all messed up.

If the decision is to separated without benefits they are saying the condition is not compensable by the DES. Most likely they are saying the condition existed prior to service (EPTS). In such circumstances they do not assign a 0% rating but rather a "no rating". 0%,10% and 20% ratings are compensated at the same level with severance pay based on time in service and grade.

If they said your condition existed prior to service, and the condition was not noted on your entry physical, then they needed to overcome the presumption the conditon is service connected with clear and unmistakbale evidence to the contrary. Did they provide such evidence?

I would be very interested in reviewing your case if they said your condition existed prior to service.

Mike

I can't really pass out he number as i was told I wasn't even supposed to have it.

As far as pre existence I did not have this condition before entering. I do have documentation showing that the possibility of me having it before would be almost impossible. I have passed 8 years of active service as well. I will update when I speak to the PEBLO on Monday. Thanks for the insight!!!

Yeah i went throught the VA process then my NARSUM was written and i signed it and it was sent to DC and recieved on the 6th. How long after they recieved your paperwork did you get a response? I don't' know how long it is supposed to take cause last time my package was screwed up and i wasn't even notified i had to call them on my own. So i am very skeptical about the notification process in DC.

It took 7 weeks overall from time DC received the package till official notification from PEBLO that the PEB found me UNFIT. I had to call and specifically ask to see what the PEB decision was. From what I've read most of the time the PEBLO isn't notifying the member of the PEB findings untill D-RAS completes the package and sends it back to the PEB. Be vigilant but also be patient, I call every Thursday for a status update but that is also because my COC needs status updates every week. That sucks about all of the errors.

Yeah my COC is always wondering what is going on with my stuff too. But i didn't want to bug the PEBLO to much. Why is it so difficult for them to contact the PEBLO and give them an update, or at least have some sort of system in place to notify the service member how it is going. The army i think uses AKO for tracking of the packages. How difficult is that for the Navy to do.

Yes the Army use AKO for udates but it is only accurate when the PEBLO updates the system. Since my packet has gone to the VA since December 2, 2011, I been getting updates from the VA side by calling the 800#. My AKO has not been updated since December 7, 2011. I call my PEBLO once a week and each time she said no change and she said dhe gonna send a email out to get an update. So since my packet is with the VA, I just call them and I get a better sign of relief.

It's your PEBLOs responsibility to keep YOU informed. I actually got annoyed when I had members of my COC call to check on my status when I brief them on a weekly basis.

As for the 800 number I think he may be in the Army. If so the number wont help.

Has anyone been told by their PEBLO that your package is with the "Docs"? Also i was told by my PEBLO that the VA was broke and that is what would be taking long with packages. Has anyone heard this? I think my PEBLO just didn't want to talk to me on the phone.

Has anyone been told by their PEBLO that your package is with the "Docs"? Also i was told by my PEBLO that the VA was broke and that is what would be taking long with packages. Has anyone heard this? I think my PEBLO just didn't want to talk to me on the phone.

Never heard or seen that one. I just called my PEBLO and they told me they didn't hear anything. I've about had it with my PEBLO since their response is always immediatly after I ask, no loggin into the system to verify, nothing. I get better responses when they're on leave.

That sucks guys!! Where are you PEBLOs at? Just wondering, mine is at Balboa in San Diego.

Anyways my package was signed to be sent to Washington the 1st week in November. I called down to San Diego the 1st week in December. He inquired as to why I did not have a "folder" in their office. I said I had never met my PEBLO but I was told I would a DTAP. I really hate going all the way to San Diego (I am not stationed there). Well I attended TAP and they offered a DTAP at the same time. When I called San Diego they said that would meet the requirement for DTAP as long as I was cool with it they were also. So that is why I did not have a "folder" because I did not attend DTAP there. During that phone call he looked up my information and told me that my package was received in Washington on 11/7. Since he did not have a "folder" on me I should call him back every week for updates. I waited about 2 weeks and called back and this time got a different guy. I explained the above phone call and he pulled up the info and told me that 11/7 info was correct and the "board conviened" on 11/30 (whatever that means). I said ok should I call back next week for an update? He said let me just make you a folder with all your contact info. Then he told me that he should know something by the second week in January.
After doing alot of research on timelines that seems exactly in line with what everyone is saying. I will be calling bright and early Monday morning to find out what the verdict is. I really hope I know something next week.

I kind of have two PEBLOs. One at Quantuco MTF and one in Bethesda. DC got my package Dec 6th. When I called my BUethesda PEBLOS he told me it was with the DOCs now my physician was peroplexed at that. Oh yeah my Bethesda PEBLOs also said V A is broke what ever that means.

Ok I will let you know what happens this next week. If I have an answer then I would be looking for yours in Feb. I found someone that had the same timeline as mine but was about 2 months ahead of me. Looks like you are about a month behind me. Maybe 1st-2nd week in February will be your time!!

Ok I will let you know what happens this next week. If I have an answer then I would be looking for yours in Feb. I found someone that had the same timeline as mine but was about 2 months ahead of me. Looks like you are about a month behind me. Maybe 1st-2nd week in February will be your time!!

Thanks I really hope you get what you want soon.

You can call the VA and speak with a rep. If your packet has been forwarded from the PEB to the VA they can at least tell you more details about your case. I called my PEBLO Thursday and she said my packet is still with the VA but when I called the VA, they told me my case was completed and I have a proposed rating on Dec 23rd 2011. It has been forwarded back to the PEB on Dec 30th 2011. They will not tell me any ratings on the phone and that I have to wait until the PEB sends the ratings back to the PEBLO. I was told any day now. Here is the number and good luck. (1-800-827-1000) You might have a long wait or you can choose the option to have them call you back.