Navy MDD Timeline

I am hoping to get a request for fpeb approved. Any advice on what you did? My last PEB they denied my request for a Fpeb

March 10 - First LIMDU Status
April 25 - C&P Exam (The VA nurse doing the exam said she'd be surprised if I wasn't at least 90% and that was without seeing my audiology or mental health results)
May 15th - NARSUM signed and sent off
Sept 17th Findings of PEB " FIT - Presiding Ofcr - Exceptional EVAL 2019 "deckplate leadership" Departmental Career Counselor and taking college courses" SM remains FIT"
OCT 8th - Official Results came back
OCT 10th - Contacted Attorney, advised to submit for change to UNFIT via FPEB
OCT 17th - 4 Signed Personal Statements (CMC, LCPO, Spouse, Myself)
OCT 23rd - Signed Formal Appeal for Unfit
JAN 15th - Date Set for Formal Appeal
FEB 6th - Formal Board Appeal found unfit and put on TDRL.

Updated timeline for those with questions feel free to message me!

do you recall how long it was after you sent in your appeal before you heard you were being granted a formal board?

March 10 - First LIMDU Status
April 25 - C&P Exam (The VA nurse doing the exam said she'd be surprised if I wasn't at least 90% and that was without seeing my audiology or mental health results)
May 15th - NARSUM signed and sent off
Sept 17th Findings of PEB " FIT - Presiding Ofcr - Exceptional EVAL 2019 "deckplate leadership" Departmental Career Counselor and taking college courses" SM remains FIT"
OCT 8th - Official Results came back
OCT 10th - Contacted Attorney, advised to submit for change to UNFIT via FPEB
OCT 17th - 4 Signed Personal Statements (CMC, LCPO, Spouse, Myself)
OCT 23rd - Signed Formal Appeal for Unfit
JAN 15th - Date Set for Formal Appeal
FEB 6th - Formal Board Appeal found unfit and put on TDRL.

Updated timeline for those with questions feel free to message me!

Congrats on your results with the appeal!

Were the added personal statements the determining factor for the new decision to unfit or what? Just mind boggles me how they go from unfit to fit in a matter of 4/5 months for issues that have been going on much longer.

It seemed like it was a mixture of the personal statements and updates from my providers proving the symptoms have been persisting even with medication and therapy.

It seemed like it was a mixture of the personal statements and updates from my providers proving the symptoms have been persisting even with medication and therapy.

So my fpeb is in 2 weeks. It’s gonna be via telephone which will be different. How did yours go?

Mine got stipulated (they decided before I even set foot in). Make sure you have medical proof, even if it’s a quick letter from the doc stating you haven’t improved and you continue to be unfit. Expect them to ask you to go through everything in detail, and work with your attorney on creating a story of why you’re fit/unfit and backing it up. They’re helpful, so use them to help make sure you win your case.

Hey there how have things progressed after you’re unfit finding? I got found unfit at fpeb and I feel like I am right back in the hurry up and wait mode for this all to be processed

How would it work to fight for a fit finding?

well there are examples in other threads of folks doing that. If you’re navy they already lean towards fit so the chances of getting an unfit reversed at an fpeb are pretty slim. You’d have to have some really good new medical evidence and command letters.

What I worry about is an NMA. I heard it carries weight, but my CO on my ship might not be so helpful. What are the chances of seeing a limdu denied? I searched all over but i hear all stories pointing to approved

What I worry about is an NMA. I heard it carries weight, but my CO on my ship might not be so helpful. What are the chances of seeing a limdu denied? I searched all over but i hear all stories pointing to approved
Probably best to start a thread to discuss these questions and not jump in on this one

Finally got my date for my FPEB which will be on Feb 6th.
hope all is well. i'm and E-6 waiting on the presiding officers decision, reading this has me really worried... two EPs submitted as my last two evaluations.. any chance i could see your first NMA? block out all personal information of course. please let me know, i'd like to compare to my own. also i did not submit a personal statement.. my attorney said he really doubts that i'll be found fit, and that me submitting a personal statement could potentially hurt me, because they work in mysterious ways... those presiding officers.