Navy Safe Harbor

I am in the Navy Safe Harbor program. They call me periodically to see if I need anything, and they have saved me from the ERB, but beyond that, they have not done a lot for me. I also have not really asked for anything. I am not even sure what they can do for me while I await the results of my PEB.

I have been in it for about 10 months. It's a joke of a program that makes the Navy feel good. As someone who has served with both Sailors and Marines, the Navy program doesn't come close to the Marine program. Don't expect too much and won't get too disappointed. They have no admin control over you, and can't do much more for you than what you can do for yourself. Just my 2 cents.

Navy Safe Harbor has nothing to do the the PEB process. If you have questions/concerns, contact PERS-82 at 901-874-3230.

My navysafeharbour rep is great. They are there to assist you for non-medical issues. If you have needs that are not being met medicaly they can point you in the right direction also.

Safe Harbor reps are great and can assist in a very specific role. They are "case managers".

All I know is that I filled out the self refferal form on their site around mid June. I received and e-mail from an IT1 saying that someone from the operations department would be contacting me shortly around the 24th of June. I replied back to the IT1 wondering what the status ion July 22nd with a reply telling me that I have not been forgotten about and since it was a furlough day he would remind operations about me the next day when they returned. I still haven't heard anything. There are no representatives where I am currently stationed, the nearest one is San Diego. I will just wait and see what happens, so I guess I will just have to go through this stuff with just the few friends I've had who went through it before.

They are the essentially the same as the Army, Airforce, and Marine Wounded Warrior programs. They recently changed their name to Navy Wounded Warrior Safe Harbor. You can find their website here http://safeharbor.navylive.dodlive.mil.
All of the Service Wounded Warrior programs are there to assist with Wounded, Injured, and Ill service members. Assignment to a MEB or PEB is a consideration but it is not the leading factor for acceptance. You can contact them by email [email protected] or by phone
855-NAVY WWP (628-9997). I do believe they accept self referrals.

Hello is anyone else currently in the Navy Wounded Warrior Program or in southern california? Id love to get a group/chat group together so support each other

I am in the program still. But not in Cali
Hey, thats okay! I figured its still good to have support. If you know of any others, I think it would be beneficial to start a group or something where we could support and advise each other.

Hey, thats okay! I figured its still good to have support. If you know of any others, I think it would be beneficial to start a group or something where we could support and advise each other.
Yeah that sounds like a good idea. What’s your idea for how this would take place?

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. What’s your idea for how this would take place?
Im thinking maybe over discord? We could have our own chat room where we could message and if we wanted to talk we could do that to? Then it makes a space thats just for the people who want too and they can participate when they can. We could even schedule a meeting once every week or two if people wanted to give advice and update each other or just talk about random things. Someplace where we can talk and others will understand us. Let me know what you think.