NAVY Timeline

rweltz

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Timeline

Surgery Jan 17 2011 Bilateral Calcaneus fracture, Sept 2012 Spinal fracture.
NARSUM Request sent to Doc: July 01 2012
NARSUM and sent in JAN 21, 2013
4 Potentially unfitting conditions, Fibro, CFS, Migraines, PTSD, and 20 others, Orthopedic issues not addressed.
NMA updated MAR 23, 2012
IPEB results in APR 2, 2013 Fit for active duty
Request for formal Recon, and /or formal PEB APR 22, 2013
Request denied May 09, 2013
Received Notes from IPEB May 15, 2013
Called IDES lawyer explaining notes based on wrong information from old NMA. May 06, 2013
Received Letter of notification; Granting of a Formal board May 20, 2013
Formal board scheduled for JUN 25, 2013
Formal board Completed JUN 25, 2013
PEBLO Notification that package sent to VA JUL 18 2013
E benefits status changes to " Pending Decision 19 JUL 13

Updated Case Timeline

Surgery Jan 17 2011 Bilateral Calcaneus fracture, Sept 2012 Spinal fracture.
NARSUM Request sent to MEB: July 01 2012
NARSUM Complete and sent in JAN 21, 2013
4 Potentially unfitting conditions, and 20 others, Orthopedic issues not addressed.
NMA updated MAR 23, 2012
IPEB results in APR 2, 2013 Found Fit for active duty
Request for formal Recon, and /or FPEB APR 22, 2013
Request denied May 09, 2013
Received Notes from IPEB May 15, 2013
Called IDES lawyer explaining notes based on wrong information from old NMA. May 06, 2013
Received Letter of notification; Granting of a Formal board May 20, 2013
Formal board scheduled for JUN 25, 2013
Formal board Completed JUN 25, 2013
Awarded 0% for unfitting conditions, 90% VA June 25th 2013
Request for Regular Retirment/Applied for reconsideration August 16th 2013
Awarded 40% DoD, and 100% VA. October 14th 2013
Awaiting Retirement Orders

Glad to see you kept up and won the fight.

Thanks, This is a great testimony about not taking no for a answer, and keep fighting if you belive you are right!!! Being well informed is a must, so I would have to thank all the great info from everyone on the fourm.

Thanks, This is a great testimony about not taking no for a answer, and keep fighting if you belive you are right!!! Being well informed is a must, so I would have to thank all the great info from everyone on the fourm.

Indeed...

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Congrats and I really wish I had the patience to stay and fight all of this and not take no for an answer but due to my anxiety, that the AF denies that it even exists, and the stress of the IDES process I just don't think I can take more waiting. I try not to let it consume me but the only time I have peace is on the weekends when I am away from work. Every day I come to work I am reminded of this bungled crap that I have been through and reminded that there is no end in sight and all I want is for this to be over so I can concentrate on something else. A lot of people say to focus on other things like my education but I am in the Guard and not on orders so I don't get TA and my job won't let me go to school every day and not show up here these folks who also often suggest to focus on other things just don't know how I feel and that I am doing the best I can and that's all I can do right now. Being a Mil Tech and being furloughed and then the Govt. shutdown stuff has added to all my stress. On top of all of this I am a single dad who devotes all of my time away from work to my two kids school work, sports, and just taking care of them.

I know it must be hard, but I would not stop fighting. This is for the long run, and benifit for you life, and maube more help for both you and your family. I would look to getting maybe some outside help, maybe from the Chaplin, or the even the Wounded Warrior Foundation if you can, or any of the Veterans sevices people. There has to be someone out there that can help. I assume that you are waiting for your ratings now., so it shouldn't be too much longer. I would think a bit faster than the active duty, since you are in the Guard??

My question is; what do people do on their down time during the whole IDES program and what is required of them? WHO am I attached to while going through the program (who do I muster with, if any one at all) and how busy is the whole process? Do you have appointments every day? if not, do you have to muster with anyone for accountability perposes? is everything slow? is it stressful? are you allowed to take leave while going through the IDES program? I am aware that people get frustrated, but I'm pretty level headed. I just want to know who I answer to while going through this whole process. I'm currently seaking people that have gone through the process in Bremerton, WA, but will accept any advice from anyone stationed in other locations. I'm a First Class in the navy, stationed in Yokosuka Japan. Thank you so much in advance.