Navy Timelines - Very Few Recent Posts - Please Post Yours

cw123

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello everybody,

I'm a newbie to this MEB/PEB process and I know there are many such as myself who have lots of questions and are concerned about what is ahead. I've gone through this site to try to find recent feedback on case timelines and outcomes for the Navy specifically. For my case, I just completed my C&P exams about two weeks ago. The VA is still in the "Reviewing Evidence" step of their process. I know when that C&P report is sent to my PEBLO, she's going to compile the C&P exam report, NMA, and NARSUM into a single package to send to PEB (please correct me if I'm wrong) - my questions are, what is the recent turnaround time people are experiencing? What is the process for determining your last day of active duty?

If anyone else has any questions, please post them here. We can learn from each other.

Thanks in advance for any info.

so I posted my timeline recently, but from what I am seeing once its sent off to the board it takes about.
Peb 10 days, so if they find you unfit they send it off to the VA
VA- 10 days-45days, at this point your getting the ratings compiled by the VA
back to peb for DOD rating 10 days
Sign your findings and select your separation day.

This is a rough estimate of my personal experience and seeing other at my command who gone through the MEDBOARD process. In all it can be much longer the PEB has 75 days and the VA can have it up to 125 days. It could take 200 days from submission to board to separation.

A shot in the dark I would say 60-120 days from packet submission to when you actually separate.

so I posted my timeline recently, but from what I am seeing once its sent off to the board it takes about.
Peb 10 days, so if they find you unfit they send it off to the VA
VA- 10 days-45days, at this point your getting the ratings compiled by the VA
back to peb for DOD rating 10 days
Sign your findings and select your separation day.

This is a rough estimate of my personal experience and seeing other at my command who gone through the MEDBOARD process. In all it can be much longer the PEB has 75 days and the VA can have it up to 125 days. It could take 200 days from submission to board to separation.

A shot in the dark I would say 60-120 days from packet submission to when you actually separate.

Thanks for the reply. I think I may just be getting a little nervous as I'm getting closer to PEB package submission. The unknown is what is troublesome, especially when you're trying to plan for the "way ahead" for you and your family.

Thanks for the reply. I think I may just be getting a little nervous as I'm getting closer to PEB package submission. The unknown is what is troublesome, especially when you're trying to plan for the "way ahead" for you and your family.

yea I have been in the same boat, its very stressful not being able to know when to start planning. But trust me its feels great when your package moves to the next step.

Update: My command NMA is complete and has been given to my PEBLO. I finished my C&P exams on 15 August. Hopefully the VA is getting close to being done with their portion so my package can go up soon.

My PEB package was sent off today. I'll update on what happens. Fingers crossed...