Need a COAD Recommendation Letter Sample ASAP

99taws6

PEB Forum Regular Member
I am trying to put together a packet for my COAD (17yrs) and my PEBLO cannot provide me a sample memo. She says it needs to state why I should be able to stay in and how I will benefit the Army. She also said it does not need to be formal. Anyone who know the military knows that a Commander and First Sergeant do not want to write anything from scratch if it can be avoided.

Does anyone have a sample of a memo that we can adjust to fit my case? I really need this ASAP so that I can get this turned in. My PEBLO is getting restless.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I do not know if this is a new requirement or if she is confused. I have never submitted and AR 635-40 does not mention a commander's endorsement or memo. Here is a sample memo from AR 635-40 requesting COAD: COAD Request - Downloads - Physical Evaluation Board Forum . You can modify it to show a commander's endorsement or create a separate one including the information included in the memo (take a look at AR 635-40, Chapter 6 for more information), if you want to submit one.

BTW, if your request is denied, please let me know. Due to recent changes in the law, it should normally be approved.

99taws6

PEB Forum Regular Member
Thank you for the fast reply Jason. That is the memo that I have to submit, but there is also a checklist that she gave me with stuff like: ERB, 2 before and 2 after NCOER's, Commanders Letter from MEB packet, Profile and minimum of 3 performance/recommendation memos (1 from Senior NCO if E4) and (1 from current commander).

I will keep you posted and hope it does go through. They found me PDRL @ 40% after over a year, but I want to finish out my 20 and serve my country. Also I have a family of 6 and would like some more time to get things in order.

logoff91

Registered Member
I do not know if this is a new requirement or if she is confused. I have never submitted and AR 635-40 does not mention a commander's endorsement or memo. Here is a sample memo from AR 635-40 requesting COAD: COAD Request - Downloads - Physical Evaluation Board Forum . You can modify it to show a commander's endorsement or create a separate one including the information included in the memo (take a look at AR 635-40, Chapter 6 for more information), if you want to submit one.

BTW, if your request is denied, please let me know. Due to recent changes in the law, it should normally be approved.
Hi. I tried the link to the recommendation letter, but it doesn't take me to it. Is there any chance you could repost? Thank you.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">