script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

Need Advice: NG FERS Technician thinking about Disability Retirement

green594

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I need some assistance, i am a military technician i am at my wits end. History i am 17 months shy of 20 years, my packet is at the VA the conditions are TBI. DDD Lower Lumbar, PTSD and Migraines. I am expecting the results to come in between 90-100% and to be finalized within the next 2 months. I just got some TBI paperwork in this week (from a non VA source). The TBI paperwork's conclusion was that i have "mild to moderate functional impairment indicitive of mild tramatic brain injury.

The reality is that once i get my final paperwork back from the VA and go to my next PHA i will have to start the MEB process but in the wake of the current documentation from the TBI clinic i am considering applying for a FERS disibility retirement. one problem that i have is that my immediate supervisor and BN Cdr think i am a good employee, the reality is i work alone and they do not realize how long it takes me to complete complicated tasks. i wanted to get some feedback. does anyone on the team have experience in this area, please advise.

David P.

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
It's uncommon to get 90-100% the first time you apply for C&P I had to appeal 2 times before I got 100% it takes about 13 months for a claim to be completed.

bill.lowe

PEB Forum Regular Member
Talk with your HRO as a tech before you hit you 20 yr mark you may request 60/40 fed tech retirement because the Army is separating you and you lose your tech job if duel status

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Talk with your HRO as a tech before you hit you 20 yr mark you may request 60/40 fed tech retirement because the Army is separating you and you lose your tech job if duel status

Welcome back to the PEB Forum! :)

Best Wishes!