Need BCA advice please, retiring PDRL in 40 days.

CoRaCa512

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I've searched these threads and haven't come up with specifically the answer I'm looking for. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've received my orders to retire on PDRL for Dec 29th. My command is insisting I complete/waiver this PRT cycle prior to checking out. I'll have no issues with getting a waiver for the physical portion, but my branch medical outright refuses to sign BCA waivers. I won't pass the BCA and it's my last failure. Can they force an admin sep on me while I'm awaiting my retirement date with orders in hand? I've searched all over in instructions and I can't specifically find this topic being post FPEB. Someone please help, this last little stressor is making things so difficult for me right now. Thank you in advance.

following

@Jason Perry or @gsfowler, either of you have any insight? I'm running out of time and I don't know my options. I'm afraid I'll lose my retirement.

I'd recommend speaking with Navy JAG, since BCA is not MEB/PEB related I would not be comfortable giving advice.

There are many threads here which state you are protected, but none of them cite a specific navy regulation.

Last edited:
I'd recommend speaking with Navy JAG, since BCA is not MEB/PEB related I would not be comfortable giving advice.

There are many threads here which state you are protected, but none of them cite a specific navy regulation.

Thank you, Sir. I was finding the same thing. I read through several but none that said with enough conviction that I would be okay.