Need Benefit Information 24 YR Reservist-Medically retired@60%

Michelle13

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have retirement orders in hand, effective 11 MAR 2013. I was injured at FOB Falcon Iraq in 2004. I have a 20 year letter (with 24 good years) but, I have always been a reservist and I do not have a good idea of my new benefits that I will be eligible for.

Unfortunately I'm getting the run around from retirement services because my circumstances are not the usual medical retirement situation. I have questions and I can't find answers like the following.

1. What Tricare will I be getting? Does it start now? If I have children or a spouse later, will they be eligible?
2. I know I will begin receiving my retirement pay immediately based on my combined years of service of just under 7 years but, will that change when I turn 60 and would otherwise be eligible for a regular retirement?
3. Why am I not eligible for concurrent reciept?
4. Will I receive CRSC or CRDP? which is appropriat for my circumstances?
5. What other benefits am I overlooking and where can I find more information about them?

I was hoping to process through retirement services but, they simply keep closing the door in my face. I'm on active duty for the next 10 business days, is there anything I should or could get accomplished at Fort Knox?

Any help would be greately apprecieated.

Kind Regards.
Michelle13

I have retirement orders in hand, effective 11 MAR 2013. I was injured at FOB Falcon Iraq in 2004. I have a 20 year letter (with 24 good years) but, I have always been a reservist and I do not have a good idea of my new benefits that I will be eligible for.

Unfortunately I'm getting the run around from retirement services because my circumstances are not the usual medical retirement situation. I have questions and I can't find answers like the following.

1. What Tricare will I be getting? Does it start now? If I have children or a spouse later, will they be eligible?
2. I know I will begin receiving my retirement pay immediately based on my combined years of service of just under 7 years but, will that change when I turn 60 and would otherwise be eligible for a regular retirement?
5. What other benefits am I overlooking and where can I find more information about them?

I was hoping to process through retirement services but, they simply keep closing the door in my face. I'm on active duty for the next 10 business days, is there anything I should or could get accomplished at Fort Knox?

Kind Regards.
Michelle13

Michelle,
I assume that you are 60% PDRL.
- Your immediate pay will be based on 60% of the Final Average Salary for your highest-36 years.
- As someone with a 20-year letter, you can get concurrent receipt when you are eligable for your regular reserve retirement pay. Disability retirees are excepted from the Concurrent Reciept by your federal congressman/woman. Talk to him/her.
- Your 199 should show if they determined if you can get Combat Special Pay. You can only get one of CRSC or CRDP. You will need to submit to your service for approval for the Combat Special pay.
- With a disability retirement, you get tricare standard. If you live within 50 miles(?) of a base you can apply for Prime (for a cost).
- You get to keep regular base activities.

Thanks for your service,

Kind Regards.
Michelle13

Congratulations on your recent military disability medical retirement!:)

Best Wishes!

Back