Need help for a fellow Soldier!

SadrCity_11B

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello all,

A fellow Soldier has been diagnosed with cancer 6 months after returning from Afghanistan and it was determined to have been caused by exposure to uranium. He is a reservists his tricare prime has expired and the VA can't fit him into get surgery for a yr. He is 70% not including the cancer that was just discovered.

I told him to try to get put back on med orders and get treatment at WTU which he wants to do. I also mentioned incap as well as VA unemployability but I'm not sure how he can get put back on orders for WTU. Could someone help me help him get started with this process. Thanks all

SadrCity_11B

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thank you, no he doesn't I told him that'd the first thing including a p3 profile he needs to get started on. Not sure thr dates. His been back a yr from Afghanistan and was diagnosed 3-4 months ago

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
MRP2 may be the way to go...typically you must apply within 6 months of discharge. HQDA, G1 is authorized to grant exceptions to policy. Cancer is one reason in which I could see this happening.

The Medical Retention Processing (MRP2) program is designed to voluntarily return RC Soldiers back to temporary Active Duty in order to evaluate or treat unresolved mobilization connected medical conditions or injuries that were either not identified or did not reach optimal medical benefit prior to their Release From Active Duty (REFRAD). To be eligible for MRP2, a Soldiers medical conditions or injuries must have occurred while mobilized under 10 USC 12301 (d) and 12302 partial mobilization orders for operations in support of Overseas Contingency Operation (OCO).

Here is the process, it is not too difficult for his unit to accomplish.

The current WTU Consolidated Guidance is not downloading from the Army, Jason loaded a copy to the forum here: http://www.pebforum.com/site/resour...uidance-administrative.16/download?version=17

It is from 2009, however the stuff about MRP2 should not have changed much.

https://g1arng.army.pentagon.mil/Processes/ADME_MRP2/Pages/default.aspx

Last edited:

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Additionally have your friend apply for SSDI, it should be granted as well.

SadrCity_11B

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thank you so much for the information I will be passing to him asap

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">