Need help

Nat

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
hello everyone I'm looking for any advise I can get! Thanks in advance. So my PCM has now referred me to the MEB board twice, it never went far they didn't accept it it hadn't been long enough. But she found out the other day that I had a knee surgery scheduled for my injury and completely stopped it all saying it is an elective surgery, so she called the commander and now they are going to initiate a chapter. I think a 5-17 but I haven't recieved any counseling or chapter paperwork yet. I have had my surgery approved by the commander for almost 2 months and 1 week prior to surgery. I have paperwork where he dined to be the approving authority. I had to go to the TMC for my back and hips and my left knee. Medic asked how my right knee was doing and I said I was having surgery on it next week as soon as my PCM found out she immediately cancelled it without notifying me. So instead of referring me to the MEB again she and the commander are going to try and chapter me . I am going to fight it I want a MEB board not a chapter. If anyone has any information that would be useful or any advice then please share. Thank you so much everyone!

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Do you have an idea why your PCM cancelled your surgery? Perhaps there is a good reason.

Absent a good reason, I'd get a copy of the preoperative medical notes from the surgeon. Take those notes to the IG and file a complaint.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
If the IG doesn't get you satisfaction; I'd write the Congressman from my home district for assistance.

Nat

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
she stated apparently that it was approved incorrectly but it was done correctly my commander signed the approval for me to return to the hospital almost two months which is why thebsxheduler was able to schedule it in the first place. and that if I had surgery then med board would be a result and they just want me out now. Twice they have tried to initiate a MEB but now from what I have gathered they are just trying to get me out. I also fell out of an LMTV while at in NTC and had a no climbing profile to which my platoon SGT said to climb up there anyways. My 1SG has told another NCO in my chain of command to counsel me but she had no idea what she is suppose to counsel me on. I have been in now for 3 years in feb and not one negative counseling. I help out where I can And still do my job to the best of my ability. So she doesn't have a good raason. I went in on the 14th of this month to get my back and hips looked at again because the pain is perstant and not going away and for my left knee as well I told the medic about my surgery apparently she had no idea I was having it and said she should have been the approver. My command is going along with the chapter even after he had approved the surgery almost 2 months ago

Nat

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I also requested yesterday for my orthopedic notes and it states he would do the surgery to correct it. I did see patient advocate!

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Keep pressing. I'm not sure why it is; but occasionally military docs think their job is to protect the service vice serving/healing members.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">