Need help!

Revan89

Registered Member
Hello I'm currently on tdrl for a back injury at 60% and I just got a letter saying that I'm going to be removed from tdrl at a 20% rating. Well I'm still in alot of pain and the doctor just told me I need to have a surgery. I have 15 days to respond to say I want to fight the informal findings I can either
1.go straight to a formal hearing
2.request reconsideration then if reconsideration isnt fulfilled then go to a hearing

So much is on this because I'm going to lose everything I wont be able to get my surgery get my meds which makes living a little torable go to school and wont be able to pay my Bill's cuz I'm using the post 9/11

My question is what is the better choice? I can submit documents saying I need surgery but if they still find me at 20% can I still request a formal hearing after? If I go straight to the formal hearing what is that like? Would I have a better chance at getting what I need?

I'm not trying to be greedy I just need to keep my medical so I can get better and my school so I can survive. I got hurt had surgery made me worse after 2 years not getting better this was there decision. But the same day of the decision I got told I need surgery cuz my last fusion didnt take. I have 15 days to respond what am I better off doing?
 

Warrior644

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello I'm currently on tdrl for a back injury at 60% and I just got a letter saying that I'm going to be removed from tdrl at a 20% rating. Well I'm still in alot of pain and the doctor just told me I need to have a surgery. I have 15 days to respond to say I want to fight the informal findings I can either
1.go straight to a formal hearing
2.request reconsideration then if reconsideration isnt fulfilled then go to a hearing

So much is on this because I'm going to lose everything I wont be able to get my surgery get my meds which makes living a little torable go to school and wont be able to pay my Bill's cuz I'm using the post 9/11

My question is what is the better choice? I can submit documents saying I need surgery but if they still find me at 20% can I still request a formal hearing after? If I go straight to the formal hearing what is that like? Would I have a better chance at getting what I need?

I'm not trying to be greedy I just need to keep my medical so I can get better and my school so I can survive. I got hurt had surgery made me worse after 2 years not getting better this was there decision. But the same day of the decision I got told I need surgery cuz my last fusion didnt take. I have 15 days to respond what am I better off doing?
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed that's definitely comprehensible albeit in my experienced opinion with previously being placed onto the DoD military TDRL for over 4 years from an U.S. Army perspective, I would highly suggest that you immediately contact a PDES attorney for legal assistance. Your specific military branch of service has a TDRL department or branch; therefore, you should contact them immediately to obtain the point of contact number(s) for the military LDES legal office.

Moreover, if you have been assigned a TDRL PEBLO/VELO, you can inquire with he/she to obtain the contact information for the military LDES legal office. Alternatively, at you own expense, you can hire the assistance of a civilian PDES attorney also.

Nonetheless, prior to formally making any decisions with your TDRL re-evaluation back to the LDES PEB, I would highly urge that you initially proceed immediately with obtaining legal representation from a PDES attorney (military or civilian) before the established deadline to respond back to the TDRL LDES PEB. I hope this helps! Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!
 
Last edited:
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">
Top