Need help

Usssailor

Registered Member
Hi everyone
I have some questions
I fell on the ship a year ago and I was put in Limdu due to back and neck pain. At the end of my limdu the orthopedist asked me if I want to go to a medical board process or a second limdu. I chose a second limdu because I wanted to stay and I am about to be a single mom, I needed stability.My second limdu will be up in a month and my condition didn’t get any better but now the ortho is telling me I am no longer eligible for a medical board and he will recommend admin sep under medical condition.my questions is will I be eligible for GI bill and Va benefit, health care?
My diagnosis are:lumbar spondylosis, myofascial syndrome pain, radiculopathy cervical region, adjustment disorder with mixed depression and anxiety, and many more.
Thank you

Tony102swan

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I took two Limited duties just like you, and the medical officer put me on the MEB, ensure to seek that legal assistance. You are entitled to it; since your conditions did not improve.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Frankly your medical officer doesn't decide what is or isn't a disability. Only the PEB can decide is you are disabled by DoD standards. If you are not medical fit to return to duty, the medic must eventually refer you a MEB. In the resource section of this website you will find the USN guidance on referral to a MEB. You may want to become familiar with your service's guidance.

Last edited:

Usssailor

Registered Member
He is telling me I have a condition not a disability. But I he talk to legal. Thank you
Frankly your medical officer doesn't decide what is or isn't a disability. On the PEB can decide is you are disabled by DoD standards. If you are not medical fit to return to duty, the medic must eventually refer you a MEB. In the resource section of this website you will find the USN guidance on referral to a MEB. You may want to become familiar with your service's guidance.
Thank you. I will look into it

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">