Need MEDBOARD advice

WorldMeetBoy

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello, I was referred here from Reddit and was told this was the best place for information. Long story short I've had a ton of medical issues included deployment related PTSD, anxiety, depression, ulcerative colitis, and most recently found out I have degenerative spinal issues including degenerative arthritis, multiple herniated discs, stenosis, radiculopathy, and and sciatica. I've gone through Physical Therapy, Neuro, and Ortho and they all agreed I couldn't do my job in MX anymore. I saw on Jul 25th on my PHA I was marked for an AMRO referral. On 25 Aug I had finally had enough of the stress and pain and went and saw my PCM and requested a MEDBOARD. He looked at my notes and said he 100% agrees and thinks its the right move and told me he would put me on a permanent profile and start the MEDBOARD process for me. My profile has been updated and is current through October but I was told he will keep renewing it every three months, but I haven't seen or heard anything at all about a MEDBOARD and I haven't had code 37 change in my IMR. When I inquired again 3 days ago the nurse just told me "these things take a while." and that was it. Have I already been denied by records review or something or am I just being paranoid? I haven't been contacted by a PEBLO or literally anyone and haven't gotten one email or call. Is this normal and is there anything I can do to be kept in the loop about where I am in the process so I can help and possibly speed it up?

My case was reviewed by the AMRO in August of 2020. They determined that a MEB should be started. I heard nothing until March when they had my NARSUM written and were ready to send my case up to AFPC. While very frustrating, in my experience, it is normal to be told it's starting and then not hear anything for a while.

I know many bases are way backed up on just getting NARSUMs written to submit for the MEB.

My case was reviewed by the AMRO in August of 2020. They determined that a MEB should be started. I heard nothing until March when they had my NARSUM written and were ready to send my case up to AFPC. While very frustrating, in my experience, it is normal to be told it's starting and then not hear anything for a while.

I know many bases are way backed up on just getting NARSUMs written to submit for the MEB.
I was just told today my case is at AMRO awaiting review.

AMRO just came back and said my case does not warrant IIRLO review. I have no clue how the fuck they came to that decision considering I can barely move and can't do my my job. Now I'm just trying to figure out how I can appeal this.

they should have given you a legal person to work with if your army NG i can give you the phone number just let me know