Neurocardiogenic Syncope and Distal 4 Ischemic

brianmatt31

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hi all. I recently had an C&P Exam on a past claim on my heart. I was diagnosed with a heart condition in 2016. During the exam with the civilian nurse (VES) she seen that the VA combined my Syncope and Distal 4 Ischemic together. I really didn't understand that until she explained that the Syncope (Fainting) is a separate condition and shouldn't be combined with the Ischemia. She said that the Syncope is due to blood pressure/hypertension/blood flow and the Ischemia is because of part of my heart is not working and that is why they should have been separated when the ratings was being done on my in 2018.
So I just wanted to share with ya'll in case you run into the same problem that I did.

Thank you for sharing. Hopefully your experience will help someone else.

Hi all. I recently had an C&P Exam on a past claim on my heart. I was diagnosed with a heart condition in 2016. During the exam with the civilian nurse (VES) she seen that the VA combined my Syncope and Distal 4 Ischemic together. I really didn't understand that until she explained that the Syncope (Fainting) is a separate condition and shouldn't be combined with the Ischemia. She said that the Syncope is due to blood pressure/hypertension/blood flow and the Ischemia is because of part of my heart is not working and that is why they should have been separated when the ratings was being done on my in 2018.
So I just wanted to share with ya'll in case you run into the same problem that I did.
Brian -
One of my claimed and diagnosed issues in my current MEB/PEB Is Recurrent Syncope under 780.2. It's been a rollercoaster of a diagnosis and treatment - for which nobody here in the area of my Duty Station has been able to resolve... so i've spent the last 9 months essentially on house arrest. Thanks for the information - I will definitely use some of this if I have to appeal my case - hopefully receiving DA199 sooner, rather than later.