New historical claim closed, original claim Pending Decision Approval.

matth276

Registered Member
Good afternoon y'all,
Currently undergoing IDES process.
I checked my Ebenefits today to see that a new historical claim was closed. However my original claim along with my unfitting conditions is still open. There aren't any details on what the newly closed claim was about. Has anyone else had any experience with this? I tried calling my Peblo, the 1-800 VA number, and AFPC, but couldnt get any guidance. I'd really appreciate any insight. Thank you.

Padgettra

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good afternoon y'all,
Currently undergoing IDES process.
I checked my Ebenefits today to see that a new historical claim was closed. However my original claim along with my unfitting conditions is still open. There aren't any details on what the newly closed claim was about. Has anyone else had any experience with this? I tried calling my Peblo, the 1-800 VA number, and AFPC, but couldnt get any guidance. I'd really appreciate any insight. Thank you.
Ebenefits was not designed for IDES so there will be some odd things that happen. Use it as an indicator and the real information comes from your PEBLO. Just my experience. Take care and try to be patient. Ron P

OllieT

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
@matth276 I am in the same situation, I know Ebenefits is like a pirate system and takes information from other programs so it isn't always very accurate. Saying that, I just had the same thing happen to me. Did you get your findings back by now?

BlaketheCommGuy

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good afternoon,

I am in the same situation. My original claim from 11 July, 2018 had an estimated completion date of 7 July, 2019 on eBenefits. However, on 31 December the date changed to 16 May. I looked yesterday and saw that I had a historical claim I had never seem before. It was initiated on 3 October, and completed 31 December (the same day my date changed to 16 May). Should I be looking in the mail for my proposed rating? Also, how long after you got your rating did your branch of service notify you of separation?

Thanks in advance!!

matth276

Registered Member
So for my historical claim that appeared out of nowhere, it itself closed aprx 3 weeks after it was opened. I never recieved anything in the mail for either of my claims, instead i recieved the phone call from my PEBLO that my ratings and decision had arrived. I recieved that phone call 3 days after that new historical claim was closed. After i signed for those ratings, i recieved my official orders to seperate one week later.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">