New PEB...please advise

bigwig001

Registered Member
First off, let me say thanks for this forum. It is nice to finally find a resource for those of us going through this process.
I am active duy Navy with just over 12 years of service. I have been dealing with back issues for over 7 years now, all of which have been service related. I had a botched hip surgery to relieve the pain in back =/ and, as a result, am against any further surgery. I have been on my second period of limited duty and was told yesterday that I am going to be sent up for a PEB. My conditions are as follows:
"Herniated Intervertebral Disc Lumbar
Extruded Intervertebral Disc Lumbar
Lumbar Radiculopathy
Myalgia and Myositis
Intervertebral Disc Degeneration - Thoracic
Herniated Intervertebral Disc Thoracic"

I have run the gamut of treatments with my doc, and we have come to the conclusion that I am no longer service worthy. I have done some research here and elsewhere, but am having a difficult time putting a finger on what I am looking at as far as disability ratings and where to go from here. I know this is not a science, so much as an art, and that there are a miltitude of posts relating to this, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

bigwig,
i'll shoot you an e-mail later tonight. i'm going through the same issues and have alot of info. for ya. if you check some of my post you'll find some info. in there that may apply to you. good luck and stay stong!