NEW REFERRAL, NEED HELP

yeetyeetyeet

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So I am an 11B who is currently on da select for recruiting, my army provider told me to collect all my civilian medical records to get put into army system. She said once she has them she will type up a permanent profile, which will begin the med board process. I have been dealing with scoliosis, arthritis, and degenerative disk disease in my back. I have a few questions.
1) will my unfit/fit for duty be affected by the fact that I am an infantryman who is currently recruiting(not by choice).
2) I have heard of some commanders recommendation for you to be unfit/fit for duty. Does anybody have any clarification?
3) since I am not on a major installation, will my med board process be expected to move faster than most? Thank you all who respond and help me out.

So I am an 11B who is currently on da select for recruiting, my army provider told me to collect all my civilian medical records to get put into army system. She said once she has them she will type up a permanent profile, which will begin the med board process. I have been dealing with scoliosis, arthritis, and degenerative disk disease in my back. I have a few questions.
1) will my unfit/fit for duty be affected by the fact that I am an infantryman who is currently recruiting(not by choice).
2) I have heard of some commanders recommendation for you to be unfit/fit for duty. Does anybody have any clarification?
3) since I am not on a major installation, will my med board process be expected to move faster than most? Thank you all who respond and help me out.
No, doesn't matter what MOS you are..... Your medical conditions that you are being referred to the MEB decide what you are fit or unfit for.
Your commander will have to type up a document and more than likely will have a conversation with you regarding it and ask you what you want and so forth.
The process will more than likely not go any faster as now of days if you choose to go through with an IDES all your C&P exams will be conducted with a civilian contracted VA provider. More than likely you are still looking at a good 6-9 months.

1. MOS does matter. Conditions will more often be found unfit by a 11B MOS than say a 56M since 11B is more demanding and more conditions can affect performing the duties for that MOS. The MEB determines what meets medical standards but the PEB is the one that determines fit/unfit and that determination is how that condition affects you performing your job. Also, they should look at your MOS and not your current temporary assignment since recruiting isn't your primary MOS.
2. A commander statement is required. I suggest you communicate to your commander how all of your health issues affect your ability to do your job. This statement only has sway when your on the fence. Many times a commander will check the retain box and the Soldier will still be found unfit due to their medical conditions.
3. @IBMWatson is correct.

1. MOS does matter. Conditions will more often be found unfit by a 11B MOS than say a 56M since 11B is more demanding and more conditions can affect performing the duties for that MOS. The MEB determines what meets medical standards but the PEB is the one that determines fit/unfit and that determination is how that condition affects you performing your job. Also, they should look at your MOS and not your current temporary assignment since recruiting isn't your primary MOS.
2. A commander statement is required. I suggest you communicate to your commander how all of your health issues affect your ability to do your job. This statement only has sway when your on the fence. Many times a commander will check the retain box and the Soldier will still be found unfit due to their medical conditions.
3. @IBMWatson is correct.
Thank you for the help!

No, doesn't matter what MOS you are..... Your medical conditions that you are being referred to the MEB decide what you are fit or unfit for.
Your commander will have to type up a document and more than likely will have a conversation with you regarding it and ask you what you want and so forth.
The process will more than likely not go any faster as now of days if you choose to go through with an IDES all your C&P exams will be conducted with a civilian contracted VA provider. More than likely you are still looking at a good 6-9 months.
Thank you for the help!

So I got the first signature on my permanent profile on 26AUG. But the approving authority has yet to sign it. Any idea as to how long it takes for that approving authority to sign it, so the MEB can begin? As of now it says I’m referred to MEB but until the approving authority signs my profile I don’t think anything happens