New timeline ANG AGR MEB

tzbying71

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I just wanted to share my timeline since it started moving after a long wait.
Dec '17 - DAWG completed
Mar '18 - NARSUM started
5 July 18 - NARSUM and Commanders Impact Letter submitted to MEB office (I was code 37 prior to this)
22 Oct 18 - Notified that I will be going through full PEB (package was on hold because it was send to a Active Duty base without a Memorandum of Understanding on the MEB process between the two bases)
25 Oct 18 - MEB brief from PEBLO (package is now at a different Active Duty base)

Updating my timeline

Dec '17 - DAWG completed
Mar '18 - NARSUM started
5 July 18 - NARSUM and Commanders Impact Letter submitted to MEB office (I was code 37 prior to this)
22 Oct 18 - Notified that I will be going through full PEB (package was on hold because it was send to a Active Duty base without a Memorandum of Understanding on the MEB process between the two bases)
25 Oct 18 - MEB brief from PEBLO (package is now at a different Active Duty base)
6 Nov 18 - Medical records uploaded into HAIMS
9 Nov 18 - Contacted by PEBLO that medical records were received and will be forwarded to MSC
15 Nov 18 - Contacted by MSC. I was sent all forms to fill out for claim
16 Nov 18 - Forms sent back to MSC. 43 conditions claimed.

We have similar timelines, I too am AGR in ANG. After a long wait I met with PEBLO at the closest AD base to us on 9 Nov.

Mt Home

I have been going back and forth with the MSC with my claims. He has sent me a VA Form 21-0781A to fill out and send back to him now. I looked in eBenefits and it directed me to Vets.gov for the new version of claim status. On there it states that my claim was received on the 13th of Nov and initial review on the same day. It went into evidence gathering, review, and decision on the 19th of Nov. It also estimates the completion date as 7 Oct 2019. I really hope this isn't true. It states that, "We base this on claims similar to yours. It isn’t an exact date." How many of you have had your dates being close to the VA estimate?

Dec '17 - DAWG completed
Mar '18 - NARSUM started
9 Nov 18 - Contacted by PEBLO that medical records were received and will be forwarded to MSC
13 Nov 18 - Claimed received and initial review status VA
16 Nov 18 - Forms sent back to MSC. 43 conditions claimed.
19 Nov 18 - Evidence gathering, review, and decision status VA

My PEBLO stressed to me that eBenefits isn't necessarily accurate regarding estimated dates for those in the IDES process. In fact, my estimated completion date when I received my findings was early 2019. As of July 2018, all military departments have been directed to make attempts to complete the IDES process in under 230 days from start to finish. This directive was DTM 18-004 “Revised Timeliness Goals for the Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES)”. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• DTM-18-004 Revised IDES Timelines.pdf
    116.6 KB · Views: 16
cw123 thank you for the reply, this makes me feel much better. The attachment defiantly helps breakdown the process better and the timeframe for each stage. What are the chances of each of the stages keeping within their timelines?

Accuracy of eBenefits...general.

I last posted this in early November and when written, it was not in reply to disability retirement processing.
------------------

The following does not change anything stated in the preceding posts. Those posts reminded me of a post I made on another site 1.5 years ago.
—-
eBenefits is a pirate system in that it takes information from other systems which in turn, causes the results one sees on eBenefits.
No one is directly making input to eBenefits.

The following is how eBenefits defines the "completion of claim" information:

"The time it takes to complete your claim depends on factors like the type of claim and the type of disability claimed.

The estimated dates are based on a statistical analysis of historical processing times for similar claims. Some things you should know:

--Historical data may not accurately predict current conditions. Your claim may take longer.
--Dates may change as the statistical analysis is updated.
--Some claims will take longer than the range of dates given as they are based on an average.
--Submitting the supporting documentation that has been requested quickly and electronically is the surest way to get your claim decided as quickly as possible."

----
From a related post:
The following is an excerpt from a January 2016 post by a former senior VA employee (including duties as a DRO) and accredited VSO:

"The guys and gals at the VARO don't pay any attention to it [eBenefits]. Sometimes these 'steps' that are shown in ebenefits are really just one step. For example the RVSR reviews the evidence and makes the decision all at the same time."

I think this is valuable information, particularly if one does not see movement between the various steps or stages.

1. Evidently, the estimated completion of claim date is not based on the work already completed on one's claim; it is an estimated date based on a statistical analysis of historical processing times for similar claims.

2. The VSR and the RVSR are not monitoring eBenefits and do not periodically pull up one's account to update certain data solely for ensuring the accuracy of eBenefits.

Ron

Thanks for the info. It's much appreciated and put my mind at ease that it is just an automated system. I will just try to rely on my PEBLO and MSC for updates.

Thanks for the info. It's much appreciated and put my mind at ease that it is just an automated system. I will just try to rely on my PEBLO and MSC for updates.
That is a good decision in my opinion.

It is understandable that one wants updated information concerning benefits or money due. Unfortunately, that is a moving target on eBenefits.
Occasionally, it is accurate. Occasionally, I win on a scratch off card...

Ron

I totally understand. This process is so frustrating and I am only in the early parts of the process. Hats off to all of you that have completed this with your patience in tact.

Last edited:
I admire those of you who complete the confusing and complex system (processing). I did not go through it; I had a regular retirement in 1991 (20+ AD).
I just belong to another site/group that discusses a wide range of topics including eBenefits. I think this is the best site on the Internet for PEB/MEB/Appeals questions and answers.

Good luck,
Ron

I haven't had contact with my VA MSC since the day before Thanksgiving. I have been waiting for my C&P exam appointments to be scheduled. After multiple tries to contact him and my PEBLO, I asked my Leadership to engage. I found out that #1, I have a new PEBLO and wasn't informed and #2 The VA MSC took two months off (from the end of November to the end of January) and does not have a temp replacement in place and I also wasn't informed. My leadership was informed yesterday by the PEBLO that once it gets into the hands of the VA, it's out of their control, they cannot do anything. My leadership told me that they were going to engage with the PEBLO again today to see if she can push for a temp VA MSC while the other one is on leave.

There might be a few people in my same shoes, but my VA rep and PEBLO are in a different state and base. My question is, has anyone reached out to the local VA on their own and got a local VA rep to help them at least be an advocate? I don't know if this is a thing or not, but I feel like I need to do something, but not really sure what.

Dec '17 - DAWG completed
Mar '18 - NARSUM started
22 Oct 18 - Notified that I will be going through full PEB (package was on hold because it was sent to an Active Duty base without a Memorandum of Understanding on the MEB process between the two bases)
16 Nov 18 - Forms sent back to MSC. 43 conditions claimed
11 Jan 19 - Still waiting for VA C&P Exam Appointments to be scheduled